Unused Logos and Uniforms

I thought the Islanders' Edge jerseys were terrific. I understand why they went back to the old striping, but it was a good look (even if their terrible logo downgrades it).

• Like 2

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yeah, that was a fashion jersey all the way. I find it humorous in hindsight that this was two tone blue...and the Avs wore neither shade IRL. I remember seeing a real nice looking green Stars jersey in Foot Locker around 97 ish, kinda wish I'd sprung for it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Simplistic and poorly designed as it is, it still blows what they actually went with out of the water.

Wrong. This is just another fill in the template like Ottawa and Pittsburgh. At least New York had a unique sleeve design and hem stripes, dispite how small they were.

I can't wait til the day when I'll finally have forgotten about Reebok Edge. It can't come soon enough...

Remember the Lightning prototype from a while back? Another one of those just popped up on eBay, with better pictures allowing us to see more of it:

Qrfz96Z.jpg

njsAemi.jpg

g4MIoab.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-TAMPA-BAY-LIGHTNING-REJECTED-PROTOTYPE-REEBOK-EDGE-1-0-JERSEY-RARE-SIZE-56-/301746146769?hash=item464178cdd1

Black, blue, and silver is such a great look for that team. The design kinda sucks, but the number font is cool. Those shoulder patches were/are pretty sweet. If only they could get away from the current look...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Simplistic and poorly designed as it is, it still blows what they actually went with out of the water.

Wrong. This is just another fill in the template like Ottawa and Pittsburgh. At least New York had a unique sleeve design and hem stripes, dispite how small they were.

I can't wait til the day when I'll finally have forgotten about Reebok Edge. It can't come soon enough...

Even though it's essentially the same company, don't underestimate how much damage Adidas is capable of.

A lot of teams got their lesson though, we see more and more traditionnal designs coming back. I can live with cut and material changes as long as they don't mess with what a hockey jersey should look like. Taking away hem stripes, making everything vertical, adding stupid piping, going with copy and paste templates all backfired against Reebok.

Remember the Lightning prototype from a while back? Another one of those just popped up on eBay, with better pictures allowing us to see more of it:

Qrfz96Z.jpg

njsAemi.jpg

g4MIoab.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-TAMPA-BAY-LIGHTNING-REJECTED-PROTOTYPE-REEBOK-EDGE-1-0-JERSEY-RARE-SIZE-56-/301746146769?hash=item464178cdd1

Better than the black jersey they went with for their new alternate, and I don't even like this.

Qrfz96Z.jpg

njsAemi.jpg

g4MIoab.jpg

Hmmm...the jersey design? Not so great. The logos and numbers, however? Very great. Something with those features meshed with something close to the inaugural set would be darn near perfect for Tampa Bay. Change the blue to electric blue for good measure, while you're at it, and they'd never have to change again.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Qrfz96Z.jpg

njsAemi.jpg

g4MIoab.jpg

Hmmm...the jersey design? Not so great. The logos and numbers, however? Very great. Something with those features meshed with something close to the inaugural set would be darn near perfect for Tampa Bay. Change the blue to electric blue for good measure, while you're at it, and they'd never have to change again.

I get a Detroit Lions vibe from the 0.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I think would have been a really sharp look for the 2003-2011 Marlins.

WiszCS6.jpg

The sleeve piping is a bit much, but I really like the teal lettering on the gray jersey.

That's nice, where'd you find that? Was that supposed to be a real jersey at one point or is that just a fashion jersey?

It's a prototype jersey from Russell. The name on the back is "PLAYER - 5." I picked it up off of eBay a few years back. I considered having the jersey re-named/numbered, but decided to leave it as-is.

I think would have been a really sharp look for the 2003-2011 Marlins.

WiszCS6.jpg

The sleeve piping is a bit much, but I really like the teal lettering on the gray jersey.

That's nice, where'd you find that? Was that supposed to be a real jersey at one point or is that just a fashion jersey?

My first thought was Asian knockoff, because of the character wordmark.

Yeah, I though it was a good idea to watermark my jersey photos. I'm not sure why, now...

Qrfz96Z.jpg

The uniform looks like hot garbage but the primary logo is perfect! Black, Silver and Blue was a great, underused colour scheme.

Found this on eBay

$_57.JPG

Not much different other than the addition of white and the unused Johnny Canuck 20th anniversary patch. Gives a look at what he would have looked like in the 90s colors.

Oh wow... That is a pretty sweater. The white really goes well with the Deutschland colours, as well as Johnny Canuck looking good in the 90's.
  • Like 1

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

You may recall the Warriors wearing a pointless sleeved version of their home jerseys last year. Well, it looks like they were going to give their road jerseys the same treatment, but didn't end up unveiling or wearing them:

RPeaqRF.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adidas-Rev30-Steph-Curry-Golden-State-Warriors-Authentic-Jersey-3XL-2-PROTOTYPE-/321878108097?hash=item4af16e27c1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12