Microsoft's "New" browser: Edge

CS85

Not a fan. I don't see why they were so willing to rebuild their built-in browser only to basically mug up the IE logo as it's branding.

logo-compare.png

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

"Hey everyone, we're killing off one of the most universally panned browsers in the history of the internet. And now, to unveil our new browser and new branding that immediately reminds you of that thing you used to hate with the passion that burns like the fire of a thousand suns."

- Actual excerpt from the presser.

For fun I've installed Windows 10. Here's a screenshot of it and the still-named Spartan in action:

lAQYNeN.png

The browser is super light. And for as much as people dislike IE, they're also super familiar with the logo. Spartan is cute, but Edge is a better name.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

In other news, McDonald's will be removing their famous Golden Arches and replacing them with Golden Arcs.

Cleo McDowell could not be immediately reached for comment.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

When the client base that uses that only knows the internet as "The big blue E" you kind of have to stay the course.

I worked as a contractor for a division of the DC Government where we had to put "The big blue E" in to the documentation for people to understand where to go to reset their passwords.

This is the most cold and uninspired looking logo I've seen in a while. The concept is a little too basic and Myriad Pro looking font is a questionable choice for the "e". The least they could have done is keep that geometric sans-serif e from the IE logo since the new logo has a rounded/geometic section taken out of it.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Logo is a downgrade for sure. However I am running Windows 10 on my new Macbook and am really loving Spartan/Edge. Extensions like Pushbullet and ABP for it will make it my go-to over Chrome.

I'm curious to give Chrome another chance, though. They're apparently working on making it not be such a RAM-consuming monster, plus Google, well, kind of is Google. I'd sooner see what they offer compared to Microsoft, even though I too have liked what I've seen from 10.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived