Carolina Hurricanes logo concept

Ti-Nick

Hello everyone. I'm currently working on the Hurricanes design for my ideal NHL series (Ti-Nick's NHL). I personally hate the Canes, because they replaced the Whalers, a team I loved. But I don't hate them as much as I hate their logo.

This is just an idea to see if I could use something else on my jersey design. It's an idea more than a logo at this point: it's rough and not refined at all, could probably use some outlines and have better «wind streaks», but I post it here anyway just to know what you think.

It's my first ever attempt at a logo and I don't know if it's worth working on it, or if I should just use the Canes' current logo.

If you have any C&C, I'll take it. Thanks.

Hurricanes%2Bconcept.png

It's got a great potential but it needs some refining. It currently looks too much like an illustration me. It needs to be more like a logo. Update that in any way you can (outlines, etc.)

TWolf

Thanks for the comment. It is nothing more than an illustration at this point, you are right. I just wanted to see if it had any potential in the trained eyes of the people here, before working it into a proper logo, since I'm not pretty good with vector drawing yet. Just to know if it looks a bit like a hurricane warning sign, if the negative space H is clear, if it reminds people too much of the Flames or the Canadiens.

I really like it. Not a hockey fan at all, but I see what is going on here. The problem for me was I noticed the obvious hurricane is the C, and then the Hurricane flag is those symbols and noticed the hidden "H" for hurricanes which is awesome, but then I focus more on the squares of the flag and it just looks odd being surrounded by the curved C. I really like what you did though, good imagination.

This looks too much like the Cincinnati Cyclones logo. It doesn't look very modern, but I guess it is decent.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

This looks too much like the Cincinnati Cyclones logo. It doesn't look very modern, but I guess it is decent.

Needs black as an outline color, and perhaps reimaging the circle with the hurricane symbol into a puck, angling the flags just a bit so the "H" wasn't quite so obvious.

dang it that's what I was going to say.

tinysig.jpg

I love the idea behind this. I think adding a puck to the middle, like Mac mentioned, would help make the flags a little more subtle and set it apart more from the other "H-inside-a-C" logo in the NHL. A black outline or shadow would go a long way in tying this whole thing together nicely as well. I know you mentioned it's a rough idea, but you'll probably want to clean up the curves in the wind streaks a bit.

Off to a great start. I think you've got a solid concept.

This is a really good start. For the most part I agree with the commenters that it needs a little but of refining. I also can't help but miss the addition of silver/grey as it was the only thing separating them from the other red and black teams. That being said, you've started something that has the potential to look really good. Love the subtle nod to the Whalers :).

Am I the only one getting this vibe?

HurricaneLogoWhiteHR.jpg

Probably. They both feature the hurricane warning flag, other than that, they don't have any similar design elements

I would recommend adding a thick black key line/outline and possibly extend the outline over the ends of the flags that connect to the C to separate them.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Thanks everyone for the tips. I'll try to refine the concept and make it into something more than just a quick mock-up.

I'm not denying the Cincinnati Cyclones similarities, it was the obvious starting point that gave me the idea for this logo. I think that the Cyclones logo is way better than the Canes logo, even though it's still not that good.

Honestly, I feel like the logo is the only thing that is actually satisfactory in the Hurricanes' current identity. Good start tho.

spacer.png

Archived