NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Honestly, I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often than it does. LOLBarbera rides again.

Hard to believe that's the same Jason LaBarbera who backstopped the Hartford Wolf Pack to the Calder Cup in 2000. How the mighty have fallen.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

First google result for George Gosbee reveals that he's so patriotically Canadian he has a maple leaf tattoo.

This is sooo the kind of guy who's gonna pay out of his ass to fund the continued existence of desert hockey.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

First google result for George Gosbee reveals that he's so patriotically Canadian he has a maple leaf tattoo.

This is sooo the kind of guy who's gonna pay out of his ass to fund the continued existence of desert hockey.

What if is true intention is to move the Coyotes to Abbotsford?

nhl94vansigpng.png

A thought: since we know the NHL loves squeezing Canadian owners for all they're worth, could we see Quebec's ownership pay the now-standard relocation fee to the league and a "realignment fee" directly to the Red Wings to subsidize their continuing injustice of traveling to fellow midwestern cities?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Who knows... I do love the NHL Realignment, but they should have waited another season, couldn't hurt. Like all other hockey fans, I'm sick of this. Move the damn team to Quebec already and be done with it.

Again, another way of the NHL shooting themselves in the foot. Phoenix and Florida should have been dealt with before realignment was considered.

My solution to the issue of realignment in the NHL:

159jeb.png

Move Detroit to the Central time zone.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/phoenix-coyotes-move-nhl-may-soon-consider-relocation-033351286--nhl.html

According to Dreger, the NHL may be running out of patience in Phoenix. After years of doing their best to keep the team in Glendale, the league could make a decision on relocating the franchise in advance of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

"It's clear time [is] running out and relocation must be considered," Dreger tweeted.

The TSN analyst listed Quebec City, Seattle and Kansas City among relocation sites, none of them new options to puckheads.

baltimoreravens.png

When you look at the map, it becomes kind of silly for Indiana and Michigan to be on Eastern Time in the first place (or Alabama and Middle Tennessee on Central).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Seattle may not even get a basketball team, and without that there's no arena deal.

Kansas City has never been a solid draw for the NHL, and the arena doesn't need an anchor tenant to survive anyway. Also, no local ownership group.

Quebec City has hordes of educated, passionate fans ready to plunk down hundreds of dollars each for season tickets, a local, stable ownership group, a state of the art NHL calibre arena set to open in two years, and a serviceable hockey rink that can house the team in the interim. Also Winnipeg made cash hand over fist for the league, despite being a small, seemingly insignificant (to some people) market. So why not do that again and make even more money?

Quebec City has hordes of educated, passionate fans ready to plunk down hundreds of dollars each for season tickets

Yes, but you're forgetting the very important fact that they're not the right color dollars.

cad-500.jpeg

I mean, I've never even heard of most of those Presidents.

• Like 10

Quebec City has hordes of educated, passionate fans ready to plunk down hundreds of dollars each for season tickets

Yes, but you're forgetting the very important fact that they're not the right color dollars.

cad-500.jpeg

I mean, I've never even heard of most of those Presidents.

Why do I have to be out of likes? :D

Well played sir, well played.

When you look at the map, it becomes kind of silly for Indiana and Michigan to be on Eastern Time in the first place (or Alabama and Middle Tennessee on Central).

Oh god I can't imagine the riots if you tried to change Indiana time again. People here still complain about changing to daylight savings time and even worse, are confused by it.

I understand arguing the merits if anyone should have it but how can you be confused about changing you clocks an hour...

I prefer eastern time but I like playing full rounds of golf after work and if we went to central, ill get like 13 in, tops... (Firstworldproblem)

Oh. Quebec or bust!

Finally, Phoenix gets its own JB Smith.

http://m.prnewswire.com/news-releases/darin-pastor-to-lead-investor-group-seeking-to-purchase-nhls-phoenix-coyotes-200607841.html

Remember how a bunch of random fools showed up near the end saying they wanted to buy the Thrashers? For that matter, remember how the Thrashers fell apart in February of that year, and how we later found out that was when several players learned the move to Winnipeg was a lock? Yeah, the Yotes just got off a 6-game skid.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oh god I can't imagine the riots if you tried to change Indiana time again. People here still complain about changing to daylight savings time and even worse, are confused by it.

I understand arguing the merits if anyone should have it but how can you be confused about changing you clocks an hour...

I prefer eastern time but I like playing full rounds of golf after work and if we went to central, ill get like 13 in, tops... (Firstworldproblem)

Oh. Quebec or bust!

BUT BUT THE INDY 500 START TIME

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29