NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Spoke to someone inside the Quebec Remparts organization today. They have been told behind closed doors that Quebec City will be getting an NHL team.

Did they specifically say Quebec would be getting the team next year, or just that they were promised one?

He said Quebec was told they were getting one.

This article somewhat fits with what you're saying too. Looks like Quebec City is first on the NHL's list of cities and that it'll either be the Coyotes (in the next year or two unless a miracle occurs in the desert) or expansion team 31. Either way Quebec City is on the top of the list to get the next relocated or expansion team. Seattle is their second choice if the can get an arena built, and Markham is third and if the Coyotes do miraculously stay in the desert Markham could be left out in the cold.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nhl130210.html

"Mr. Bettman, Glendale has pulled all its public funding, and we've run out of sham owners to trot before the city council. I'm afraid it's over, sir."

"No! It can't be over. There's got to be another way we can... I've got it!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ5-BTdcqjk

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Spoke to someone inside the Quebec Remparts organization today. They have been told behind closed doors that Quebec City will be getting an NHL team.

Did they specifically say Quebec would be getting the team next year, or just that they were promised one?

He said Quebec was told they were getting one.

This article somewhat fits with what you're saying too. Looks like Quebec City is first on the NHL's list of cities and that it'll either be the Coyotes (in the next year or two unless a miracle occurs in the desert) or expansion team 31. Either way Quebec City is on the top of the list to get the next relocated or expansion team. Seattle is their second choice if the can get an arena built, and Markham is third and if the Coyotes do miraculously stay in the desert Markham could be left out in the cold.

http://www.thefourth.../nhl130210.html

If that article is accurate we'd likely eventually see a division of Toronto, Markham, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, Buffalo, and 2 others. Imagine the potential playoff series there with in division playoff!

untitled-6.jpg

If that article is accurate we'd likely eventually see a division of Toronto, Markham, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, Buffalo, and 2 others. Imagine the potential playoff series there with in division playoff!

I'm not really sold on the division playoff thing anymore. It was great in intensifying rivalries, but ask the Nords and Jets how they felt about perpetually running into the Canadiens and Oilers, respectively. Sometimes you need to open things up a little bit, and one of the most intense rivalries in the league right now is the decidedly un-divisional Chicago-Vancouver. It's more interesting that three straight playoff matches just happened, and weren't a mere prerequisite for making it out of the first round.

Besides, I still think Toronto, as a Great Lakes city, belongs with Chicago and Detroit.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Besides, I still think Toronto, as a Great Lakes city, belongs with Chicago and Detroit.

This.

I'd like to see a Toronto/Toronto 2.0/Chicago/Detroit/Minnesota/Winnipeg/Columbus/St. Louis division if we're going the eight teams per division route. The best part about it is that when the Toronto 2.0 team inevitably has to move you can stick them in Milwaukee and it'll still work!

The other thing you could do is use 2ronto as the Eastern team for people who feel that Toronto should have a rivalry with Ottawa and Buffalo through mere proximity while the Maple Leafs tend to their historical rivals, but then that gets messy when you have to, indeed, move them for failing.

Hulsizer AND Ice Edge?

I eagerly await their first fax.

Yeah, if you read what both Hulsizer and Ice Edge are saying they're just kicking the tires. They have basically come out and said it would have to make financial sense (ie: the city will have to voluntarily bend over again) for them to get involved. And if the new mayor sticks to his guns that won't happen. Hell the new mayor is reportedly already exploring finding an arena operator san-NHL so he may already understand that and not really give a :censored: if the NHL leaves or not.

Anyhow more from Mr. Fallar...

Jamison missing the January 31st deadline was all the NHL's fault!

http://nebulousverbo...tough-audience/

The NHL has done everything and more to try and keep this team in this market. Any Coyotes fan who blames the NHL for this or any other failed ownership bid deserves to be punched in the face.

It's like the grand finale where everyone comes out in a chorus line.

rim_1247409c.jpg

"Hey, kids it's me!

I bet you thought that I was dead...

But when Bettman blocked me we were 10 posts in and now we're already on the fourth thread!"

reinsdorf_060906.jpg

"Look, guys, I refuse to sing.

And I still don't want this team.

Buying the Coyotes would be a nice fling,

but turning profit would be a pipe dream."

• Like 2
OldRomanSig2.jpg

Joyce Clark apparently has a blog now at joyceclarkunfiltered.com but as with her twitter feed, I suspect that too has the child-molester-glasses stink of George Fallar.

Yo, internet whiz kids, is there anything to the fact that his website and that one both have the same IP address on a WHOIS search? 74.###.###.# because I'm enough of a gentleman not to post people's IP#s but you can find them yourselves at http://www.networkso...hois/index.jsp?

Joyce Clark apparently has a blog now at joyceclarkunfiltered.com but as with her twitter feed, I suspect that too has the child-molester-glasses stink of George Fallar.

Yo, internet whiz kids, is there anything to the fact that his website and that one both have the same IP address on a WHOIS search? 74.###.###.# because I'm enough of a gentleman not to post people's IP#s but you can find them yourselves at http://www.networkso...hois/index.jsp?

Yes and no... It means, as the nameservers point out, that both sites are hosted by 1and1... The coincidence is uncanny, and the Joyce Clark website has been registered privately, but other than that, there's not much you can say.

All web hosts share server space for websites, so ultimately, they have the same IP address as others, but are locally (as in the server) redirected to show the correct website.

Verdict: possible coincidence, but does look fishy, considering Fallar's antics.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

It refers to the practice of cutting the buds of flowers off of certain plants before they have a chance to bloom. This is done to encourage the growth of fruits or leaves instead, which are of more value as food sources.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.