NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Two all star teams? Why even have 8 teams at all? If you want full NHL rosters then just go with the 6 teams.

Exactly!!

6 teams, play each team once, top four move on to a semi final, then finals (which apparently is going to be a best-of-3). Done.

If the NHL really wants, they could develop a "B" tournament where the bottom team in the "A" tournament gets swapped out the next time it's contested with the winner of the "B" tournament.

I mean, if they actually are trying to grow the sport world-wide like they claim they are.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

i think there should be a real world cup of hockey have 16 teams in it (with every iihf nation being able to play in it). would have it in the usa and canada (they would qualify automatically) and would have the rest of the top 8 ranked iihf teams (at the time) automatically qualify for it and the rest must qualify for. would be the years of the summer olympics.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

i think there should be a real world cup of hockey have 16 teams in it (with every iihf nation being able to play in it). would have it in the usa and canada (they would qualify automatically) and would have the rest of the top 8 ranked iihf teams (at the time) automatically qualify for it and the rest must qualify for. would be the years of the summer olympics.

First, you basically describes how the Olympics already works. Congratulations.

Second, to the bolded part, that's just it, it's not an IIHF event. It's a NHL/NHLPA event.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Two all star teams? Why even have 8 teams at all? If you want full NHL rosters then just go with the 6 teams.

Exactly!!

6 teams, play each team once, top four move on to a semi final, then finals (which apparently is going to be a best-of-3). Done.

If the NHL really wants, they could develop a "B" tournament where the bottom team in the "A" tournament gets swapped out the next time it's contested with the winner of the "B" tournament.

I mean, if they actually are trying to grow the sport world-wide like they claim they are.

The World Championships already do that.

Exactly!!

The World Championships already do that.

I didn't say it was an original idea. I'm saying it's just easy and makes sense.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The Las Vegas ticket drive... will rely heavily on chain letters, apparently:

Organizers were initially hoping to identify 50 such leaders who would be known as the Founding 50.

Response was so good they have now rebranded the group as the Founding 75, with upwards of 80 core members having agreed to reach out and find 60 other individuals who will commit to making a down payment on season tickets, multiple sources told ESPN.com.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/34100/potential-las-vegas-owners-get-strong-response-to-ticket-drive

Apparently he covered the Perds for The Tennessean and then got fired because they didn't want to cover the Perds anymore when they could be covering college football instead. I suppose I'd be bitter about cities whose newspapers don't fire their NHL beat writers, too.

But man, what an awful column. Punctuation is a mess, rhetorically he's all over the place, he contradicts himself in numerous spots, and my favorite: describing prodigies' skills as "prodigious."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Pierre LeBrun says Matthew Hulsizer is going to buy a minority stake in the Wild.

nhl-coyotes-hulsizerx-large.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Sleazy buttnugget Daryl Katz, who you may remember from his "oh hey just chillin with my bro Gretz in Seattle at a Seahawks game nbd" escapade, loansharked an OHL team as part of an elaborate plan to threaten to move the Oilers to Hamilton.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/hockey-lawsuit-exposes-grimy-underside-of-sports-ownership/article22646466/?service=mobile&cmpid=rss1&click=dlvr.it

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.