NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

As someone who was actually in the building, it was full. it was definitely full during the ceremony. It was full early. Some people left once they got down 3-1 after one. (It was a long night and people are dumb? I don't know.)

Despite all the hassles for non season ticket holders to get tickets (or for anyone to get or even afford merchandise), it was still a standing room only sell out, and it was fantastic.

Also there were reports the ceremony would be 90+ minutes. Can't blame some for not getting there that early... or staying that late. Didn't they honor him just last year? Or all last year?

Announcing a goal review in the Ducks-Leafs game, the referee confirmed it was a good goal for "Atlanta". Hey, better late than never, I guess.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Nothing sums up the NHL's officiating as of late better than that announcement. The puck was clearly in yet the official was adamant in waving his arms that it was no goal. Only to announce the wrong city had scored. This league really has to look at these guys and start evaluating them, and have some sort of protocol with regards to glaring mistakes.

Two Leafs games in a row the officials have completely missed the first goal going in when all the players knew, the fans knew, the announcing crews knew yet the 4 guys standing on the ice are oblivious. They missed Suter's elbow on Downie (although maybe they meant to miss that), Vatanen (sp) on Booth last night. I just don't get how there is no consequences to the constant screw ups of these officials.

• Like 1
untitled-6.jpg

I wouldn't be so harsh on the refs for the city flub. Their travel and game schedule is just as rigorous as the players, if not more.

Yeah, they miss calls, but it's awfully tough to officiate what is likely the fastest game in the world with two refs watching 12+ players at once (the linesmen have the easier job, by far) without benefit of a replay or homer announcing trying to point out any ticky-tack things that the refs didn't see.

I get it's tough to officiate but and things happen behind the play that are missed. However there is no excuse to miss things directly in front of your line of sight. They shouldn't be rough if they can't correctly judge 10 feet infront.

untitled-6.jpg

More Leafs fans threw their sweaters on the ice last night, and we're thrown out of the game and banned from all MLSE activities for a year, now the Toronto Police is completely taking the piss about it on Twitter.

Go check it out, it's so stupid it's hilarious. #Jerseygate

now the Toronto Police is completely taking the piss about it on Twitter.

And those guys should be charged and arrested.

Now if they committed murder or sold drugs then they should get a free pass.

But when you do something as evil and vile as throw a Leafs jersey on the ice then there should be no mercy whatsoever and they should be persecuted to the full extant of the law!!!!!!

I'd give those guys at least 80 years each and not be eligible for parole.

The Catch of the Day!

I wouldn't be so harsh on the refs for the city flub. Their travel and game schedule is just as rigorous as the players, if not more.

Yeah, they miss calls, but it's awfully tough to officiate what is likely the fastest game in the world with two refs watching 12+ players at once (the linesmen have the easier job, by far) without benefit of a replay or homer announcing trying to point out any ticky-tack things that the refs didn't see.

Their travel is probably more rigorous. Every game is a road game for the officials and I'm willing to bet some teams officiate more than 82 games in a season.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Heritage Classic in Winnipeg is being postponed, because it's too cold in the winter in Winnipeg to play hockey outside.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The NHL wants the game in December, but the Bombers don't want the game that close to the Grey Cup. The Bombers want it in February, but the NHL doesn't want the game too close to the All-Star Game and the two Stadium Series games. And as stated, January is too cold (that's more associated with the costs of keeping the stadium operational in winter, which the Bombers want the NHL to pick up that $500K tab) and probably too close to the Winter Classic and also to the ASG on the front end.

So it's not dead yet, and I'd have to think Winnipeg wants the game too badly to push it back again.

---

Also along with the other outdoor games likely to be announced at the ASG this weekend, TSN is saying that the 2016 World Cup of Hockey will officially be announced as well. The teams would be Canada, United States, Russia, Sweden, Finalnd, Czech Republic, and European All-Star team and North American U-23 team. The European team would be players not from the other four (so Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, etc.) and the North American team would be young players not already selected to Team USA or Canada.

The Euro All-Stars and NA Young Guns... I don't know. What reason would those players actually have to try and win? It's not for pride of country, because, well, those aren't countries. Especially with the young players, though. They grow up wanting to play for Team USA or Team Canada, not against them. I guess the easy answer would be for whatever monetary rewards there are. Also, since this is NHL run, they're going to try and have only NHL players in this thing, so that's why we won't have Latvia or Slovenia qualify on their own.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |