NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

10,000 pledges of $150 each?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/potential-vegas-team-unveils-season-ticket-details/

Wherein Bill Daly sets up the narrative for Las Vegas's success by taking Winnipeg's wildly successful ticket drive and saying that it wasn't that impressive:

Having said that, they had a structure and they had a built-in fanbase. They were really going to (AHL Manitoba) Moose season-ticket holders and that was already a large number of people.

Never mind the fact that prospective buyers in Winnipeg had to make a five-year commitment, they just had good leads! There's no way there's not going to be a team in Vegas after next season. The NHL sucks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Scott Gomez returns to the Bell Center tonight.

Regardless of how Canadiens fans respond when he touches the puck, I'm giving him an early Masterton nomination. He went from being the league's laughingstock, to becoming a rent-a-player for years, to going back to respectable form. This year, he has a good record, his best in the last 5 years or so. He may still have a few more years of hockey left.

Its because Scott Gomez is back where he belongs with the Devils.

When you think, "who is the face of a franchise that is underperforming without having any real expectations," it's Scott Gomez.

• Like 1

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I just looked at Gomez's career stats.

He's only had one season where he scored more than 20 goals (33 in the season after the year-long lockout), and his second-highest total was his rookie year (19). Only had one season where he got more than a point per game (the same season where he scored 33 goals: 2005-06), and has never come close to a 100-point season.

How has he managed to stay in the league this long? Especially if he's supposed to be an offensive threat.

I don't think anyone ever thought he was an elite scorer, but he was good enough at the right time to get that huge contract. He had his point-per-game year, then a pretty good year. After that pretty good year, he had 14 points in 11 playoff games. Then, huge contract with the Rangers.

Edit: Even factoring in all of his horrible years, he's still averaging 59 points per an 82 game season. That's nothing to sneeze at.

• Like 1

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/hot-depressing-las-vegas-wants-an-nhl-team-bad-idea/article22905291/?cmpid=rss1

Given Nevada’s gambling connections, none of the Big Three leagues wants to go anywhere near the city. The NHL – which operates in the southwestern United States as though it’s a strip-mall purveyor of subprime mortgages – doesn’t have those scruples.

:lol:
  • Like 2

Oh, Cathal Kelly wrote this? *reads two lines in, prints article, wipes ass with it*

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Don't worry, unnamed Russian dillhole, he'll be getting $3 million in evaporating oligarch money per season the moment his sentence of probation and deportation gets handed down.

If anything, it's worse, it's just that waiting for a good camera angle, hitting PrtSc, opening Photoshop, pasting a screencap, cropping a screencap, saving as a jpg, uploading to imgur, copying the bbcode, and making a wisecrack about it...man, these are the dog days of the NHL season. I'll be at 100% for the playoffs, promise.

• 2 weeks later...