Denver Broncos new logo for 2016-17?

Lumbergh

13 hours ago, Cujo said:

So let's trade an outdated 90s look for an outdated 70s look? 

The current Broncos' template has stood the test of time. They were first to use that modern style of uni and looks like they're pretty much the last. No need to tweak it either. Could you imagine how awkward their current set would look with block numbers? Ehhh...

Again, if the uniform carries a definite winning tradition, you're not going to see very much change over the years. How many teams have undergone a massive overhaul after winning 3 Super Bowls in the basically-the-same uni? Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, 49ers, Redskins, Patriots... Nope. Not one of 'em. 

EDIT: For a hot minute, the 49ers tried that half-assed burgundy/BFBS tweak before crawling back to the classics. They learned.

Actually, that "hot minute" lasted about 10 years, but I agree with you that the 9ers needed to get back to the classics.

As a matter of fact, that is exactly what I'm advocating for the Broncos.  Glad you finally see it my way.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I actually wouldn't mind a mash up of the two uniforms

Broncos.jpg

That looks pretty good.  I think something on the sleeves is needed, but overall I like it, and normally I'm a guy who would take the D-horse logo over the horse head any day of the week..

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It was pretty great when the Broncos wore the classic uniform for Thanksgiving back in 2001.

624905-nov-2001-running-back-olandis-gar

It's just a better uniform.

There was never enough blue in the rest of that uniform to balance out the blue helmet. Reverse the orange and blue on the socks, and match the stripes to the helmet and that would've looked really good. 

Broncs.thumb.jpg.c0032b7868b907498d0632d

PvO6ZWJ.png

15 hours ago, Cujo said:

So let's trade an outdated 90s look for an outdated 70s look? 

It's not an outdated '70s look, though. It's a "football look". It's a classic football template with a block font, sleeve stripes and pants stripes. It could have been created in the '70s, '80s, ;'90s or the '40s. Meanwhile, the only time the current set would have ever been created in is the '90s.

You might say the same thing about other sets. The Panthers look great, for instance, but people could argue their set is "dated" because it has '90s colors and influence. The difference is (other than the Panthers looking loads better than the Broncos in general), that the Panthers were born in the '90s. It makes sense for them to look like a '90s team because they were made then. The Broncos, on the other hand, look like a '90s team because that's when ownership bought into Nike's sales pitch and blamed their past super bowl failures on their classic jerseys.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

1 minute ago, Germanshepherd said:

Honestly, both of those looks are inferior to this. Slap the current logo on the helmet and call it good. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Presuming you mean a white horse with blue mane, I still think there needs to be more blue on the helmet.  Perhaps a blue stripe.

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

There was never enough blue in the rest of that uniform to balance out the blue helmet. Reverse the orange and blue on the socks, and match the stripes to the helmet and that would've looked really good.

The more I think about it Denver I'm split.  I think the existing helmet logo is the better logo, but the "D" is better on a helmet.  I prefer the unique font, and don't even really mind the swoosh-pant-stripe.  I think the old "hoop" jersey looks the best, but I don't think it would make their best uniform (because to me the royal helmet is untouchable).  When I look at different concepts, I think what makes that royal helmet look so good is the contrast with the solid orange jersey.

Screen+Shot+2013-03-03+at+12.01.10+PM.pn

Maybe it makes sense that this (Buffalo) is another of my favorite looks from yesteryear:

bills-afc-championship-story.jpg

On 2/19/2016 at 3:27 PM, Gothamite said:

Presuming you mean a white horse with blue mane, I still think there needs to be more blue on the helmet.  Perhaps a blue stripe.

This. White-blue-white Braisher stripes on that helmet, with the modern logo, and you'd have the perfect Broncos set. I always loved the blue sleeves-orange jersey look.

12 hours ago, kroywen said:

This. White-blue-white Braisher stripes on that helmet, with the modern logo, and you'd have the perfect Broncos set. I always loved the blue sleeves-orange jersey look.

There's too much orange in the modern logo to really work on an orange helmet.  The mane would get completely lost.  The blue helmet is needed for contrast for a logo that is white and orange.

With now 3 Super Bowl wins in the current set I don't see them changing anything drastically. That being said, simply removing the side panels from the jersey would be a huge improvement. (I can almost see it in the photo below if you just squint and try not to see the little horn points under the arms.

hi-res-04d502c7cd96d62b853846ebfd3a3475_

1 hour ago, swilson160 said:

Since there's no real news, here's a concept I did a few years ago meshing the eras.  I'd be good with something like this.

Broncos-Conceptv2.PNG

A white facemask and thinner white helmet stripes makes this a winner.

Archived