Denver Broncos new logo for 2016-17?

Lumbergh

I was talking with a friend yesterday who recently worked at a Denver sports merchandising company and he told me that the Broncos are going to be using a new logo for the 2016-17 season. The logo he was describing is a cross between the old "D" with a horse coming out of it, and the current Bronco head that was created in '97. He wouldn't go into any specifics as to how he knew this, but he told me it was going to happen. I know that new unis have been rumored from Paul Lukas, but I haven't heard about this logo change.

I found a concept made by our own member Ren69 from 2013 that it is probably closest to, if this logo change does happen:

DenverDupdate.png

-Great job by Ren69 btw.

Anyone else heard anything about this?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they think if they change, Peyton will win them two super bowls.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Super Bowls won under the old uni design and/or orange jersey: Zero

Super Bowls won under the new uni design and blue jersey: Two

That should settle where they go from here.

bYhYmxh.png

Mixes of eras rarely turn out good. The current uniform is a dated mess, but merging with old could be worse.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Super Bowls won under the old uni design and/or orange jersey: Zero

Super Bowls won under the new uni design and blue jersey: Two

That should settle where they go from here.

So the uniforms are why the Broncos won those Super Bowls? It had nothing to do with the Broncos finally being a balanced team? No offense, but the "they won with that look" argument for keeping a uniform is just silly. The only reason to keep a uniform is because it looks good. The only reason to get rid of a uniform is because it looks bad. The current Broncos look is awful. It was awful when they won the Super Bowls and it's awful now. Talent will determine how successful the team is. The uniforms will have no influence.

BB52Big.jpg

I like the current Denver logo, but I really like this one. I hope this holds true.

BTW infrared, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that reps the Biscuits (I wear a Biscuits hat all the time)

B. Fass
Lancaster, PA

Nationals, Senators, Cowboys, DC United, Wizards

Washington-Nationals-Logo-HD.jpg.281d0e8be98a8521d34280de8329814f.jpgf29b882649e94f47737fee9f5b5b001f.gif.b4758c5fa8639d2f66ee458c1f7b27f9.gifmedium_DCU_20Crest_on_20white.png.4035fbad4dcbf26991bc729beadb718e.png59e126b48fe75_cowboyslogosmall.jpg.27ea81b23b230e77e0460934b5f36e74.jpg

Funny, I designed a Broncos logo a few years ago that sounds pretty similar. Not a huge Broncos fan, but now I'm curious as to how similar mine and theirs will end up looking.

Broncos%20Logo%20Concept_zpsohz2gm1e.jpg

I sure hope its much much much more like the one in the OP by Ren69....

Funny, I designed a Broncos logo a few years ago that sounds pretty similar. Not a huge Broncos fan, but now I'm curious as to how similar mine and theirs will end up looking.

Broncos%20Logo%20Concept_zpsohz2gm1e.jpg

I sure hope its much much much more like the one in the OP by Ren69....

Yeah the D open space is way too wide but other than that, this is not a bad concept

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I was talking with a friend yesterday who recently worked at a Denver sports merchandising company and he told me that the Broncos are going to be using a new logo for the 2016-17 season. The logo he was describing is a cross between the old "D" with a horse coming out of it, and the current Bronco head that was created in '97. He wouldn't go into any specifics as to how he knew this, but he told me it was going to happen. I know that new unis have been rumored from Paul Lukas, but I haven't heard about this logo change.

I found a concept made by our own member Ren69 from 2013 that it is probably closest to, if this logo change does happen:

DenverDupdate.png

-Great job by Ren69 btw.

Anyone else heard anything about this?

Here's the original, for comparison:

5y0vjvdu1bxh0dh52nr1tefrq.gif

Here are a few other concepts I discovered while searching for the original: Link

Archived