Detroit Lions Alt

kixbinder5

Lots of rumors going around about a new Alt Uniform for the lions. Could be gray, black, a throwback, or anything. Wondering if you guys have any thoughts or have heard any rumors on what it will be. Also, They will have a Color Rash Uniform next year, and they could be the same Uniform, or different.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been waiting for the day when Detroit throws back to this uniform instead of the '57 one:

milt_plum_1967_10_01.jpg

That's the best they've ever looked. Make it so, Detroit.

The problem is we all know it will end up monochrome and ugly... I only hope they'll avoid black.

Overall look - pretty darn good.

Specific details - all trainwrecks.

Striping pattern is awkward with bulky white edges to help it stand out from the black jersey, numbers are color and with too much awkward outlining.. They really screwed up what could've been a very solid look by trying too hard.. While they have a blue that could possibly get away with breaking my white number on colored jersey rule, they went about it in the worst way possible, and the sleeve stripes are beyond disastrous..

Considering that they have black as a part of their color scheme (including trim and facemask), it wouldn't be "black for black's sake". It would be just using a secondary color, as a primary. Just like Houston does with red jerseys. Or San Diego does with powder blue jerseys.

But any reason to rail on a black uniform, right?

Considering that they have black as a part of their color scheme (including trim and facemask), it wouldn't be "black for black's sake". It would be just using a secondary color, as a primary. Just like Houston does with red jerseys. Or San Diego does with powder blue jerseys.

right

They will have a Color Rash Uniform next year

LOL

Will do my part to make this typo stick.

That's what they're called on Uniwatch so maybe not a typo.

As for their alt color, they've already chosen... and they'll never go back.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Actually it's black for Millen's sake, which for Lions fans is much, much worse.

Black is part of their color scheme only as a remnant of a lost decade. Kill it with fire.

Don't kid yourself.

It'll be black.

Yep. Haven't they had black for black's sake already?

eddie_drummond_2005_11_24.jpg

oh yeah

I liked these and prefer this and the Honolulu blue version to what they wear now with the stupid fonts.

Actually agree with dennis here.

Being a Lions fan (I know), I heard that they could not make any uniform alterations for 5 years because they wore the patches honoring William Clay Ford this year, and that is considered a jersey alteration since they wore them last year to honor him. Does the 5 year rule not apply to alternate jerseys?

Archived