Teams named for Brands

nash61

I realized today that there are actually way more teams that are named for brands than I originally thought of. I'm sure you guys can come up with even more, but here are my starters:

San Jose Barracuda- Barracuda Networks
dBwkbSh1.jpg

Barracuda_Logo_Color_Landscape.jpg

Halifax Mooseheads - Moosehead Breweries

1169px-Halifax_Mooseheads_Logo.svg.pngMoosehead_New_Logo_April_2013.jpg
Red Bull New York- Red Bull Energy Drink

1271px-New_York_Red_Bulls_logo.svg.png
OeXi9avz.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this long without a Ham Fighters reference?

fc,550x550,black.u2.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Most sports teams in Korea are owned by companies or by cities rather than individuals, so many have them in team names... Samsung owns 5 sports teams in Korea

Here are the two most popular sports in Korea:

K LEAGUE (10 are company owned, 10 are owned by city governments, and 2 are Army/Police owned)

Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors FC

Ulsan Hyundai FC

Busan IPARK (also owned by Hyundai)

Suwon Samsung Bluewings

Chungju Hummel

Seoul E-Land FC

KBO (all baseball team names have parent companies rather than cities)

Doosan Bears

Kia Tigers

SK Wyverns

Lotte Giants

LG Twins

Nexen Heroes

KT Wiz

Hanwha Eagles

Samsung Lions

NC Dinos

i-pV9jNCQ-XL.png

Do the Kentucky Colonels count? Referred to the famous colonel, and the owner of KFC owned the team for a period of their existence.

Was he the original owner? I thought they were named after the curious Kentucky social group.

Looks like he wasn't the original owner. He was owner #2. Had never heard of the social group.

Archived