Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

It actually is considered a TNF game even though it is on a Saturday and therefore will be a color rush game as well. Here's the full TNF game schedule for this year:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2016/TNF

That doesn't mean anything. Last year we had matchups on Saturdays that weren't Color Rush. The point of Color Rush was to increase viewership on the weeknight games, and I'm sure people won't have any issue tuning on a Saturday.

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Thats the whole point of color rush - jerseys, pants and socks all of the same color. 

I don't think I would have ever realized that without your simplification. Thanks! :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

And I can live with that.  I think this will look really good. 

Agreed. I actually love that look. It's the one I was really hoping for.

18 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Are these gonna be in Madden this year?

They're not right now, hopefully they add them. For now I've created some into the game, but it's not perfect. For a lot of teams, I had to resort to mono-white because they don't have matching color pants

ExJworW.png

There are still a ton I am HIGHLY skeptical on.  Like the Cardinals and 49ers BOTH in all Black.  That's going to be a disaster if that in fact happens.  It would have made far mroe sense if San Francisco went in all gold instead.  

Now Denver's and I'll say it again, will in fact be cool if that is the final product.  My other bones to pick is the Lions with the black and Redskins in the yellow color.

And virtually no sign of anything for the Chiefs or Eagles. 

I was hoping for a black version of the Randall Cubningham era jerseys with white numbers outlined in midnight green for the Eagles but I doubt that'll happen. 

10 minutes ago, dsaline97 said:

That doesn't mean anything. Last year we had matchups on Saturdays that weren't Color Rush. The point of Color Rush was to increase viewership on the weeknight games, and I'm sure people won't have any issue tuning on a Saturday.

This season all of the games that are a part of the Thursday Night Football package are also a part of Color Rush. So this means that the games that aren't on a Thursday but ARE a part of the TNF package will still get the Color Rush treatment. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Eagles I'd hope would be going back to the Kelly Green area but if unveiling happens tomorrow, then we will all find out

With the one helmet rule kelly green wouldn't look good at all. That's why I was hoping for a throwback in current colours. 

9 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

There are still a ton I am HIGHLY skeptical on.  Like the Cardinals and 49ers BOTH in all Black.  That's going to be a disaster if that in fact happens.  It would have made far mroe sense if San Francisco went in all gold instead.  

Now Denver's and I'll say it again, will in fact be cool if that is the final product.  My other bones to pick is the Lions with the black and Redskins in the yellow color.

That "yellow color" is defined as gold.

14 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

This season all of the games that are a part of the Thursday Night Football package are also a part of Color Rush. So this means that the games that aren't on a Thursday but ARE a part of the TNF package will still get the Color Rush treatment. 

Interesting. I had thought (and hoped) it was just all Thursday Night games that are actually on Thursday night.

Edit: sorry for the DP, not trying to be that guy

spacer.png

JETS will be in white on Thursday vs Buffalo as per this media release. "Color Rush uniforms will feature white pants, white jerseys, white gloves, white cleats, white socks (without the green stripes) and white helmets with white facemasks (instead of normal green)" face masks (instead of normal green).

Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 8.05.51 PM.png

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

Archived