2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

6 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Why polar bears for the Leafs and Blues?

Their mascots are both bears.

ea347b23d8362619ee9c3c50bd649268.jpg

hUJLfJi.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

You're absolutely right. With how bright the red and yellow are, they bleed together too much and the yellow gets lost with the white. Adding black trim vastly improved the look.

However, I'd make the argument that the best they've looked, to be more specific, was the 2006-07 season because they dropped the horse snot alternate.

Agreed.  The black alternate had outworn its welcome the second the black 'C' was introduced.

2 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

...and? It's an independent artist. Probably just a stylistic choice.

Nothing, I just like consistency :P

Looks like Johnny Canuck and the Blue Jacket are the only ones not in jerseys. That's interesting. The flaming horse for Calgary goes into that "things they'd rather forget" category. It's a great picture, certainly blows away that whole  NHL Guardian Project the whole league would rather forget.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

3 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Why is the Whalers one all timid? 

identity crisis. He's a whale...and a whaler...and whalers hunt whales, whalers kill whales, but he's a whale, and a whale is on the shoulder of the jersey, so the whale on the jersey is hunted by the whalers in the jersey and I need to sit down for a minute because my head hurts.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

5 hours ago, Thomas said:

Carolina is a pig?

That's their mascot... Stormy the Pig. 

I also noticed that each team is wearing their best jersey (From the sets they had, when this was made. Caps Alt. is currently retired) except the Canucks, Blue Jackets, and Penguins... They're not even wearing jerseys...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

4 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

That's their mascot... Stormy the Pig. 

I also noticed that each team is wearing their best jersey (From the sets they had, when this was made. Caps Alt. is currently retired) except the Canucks, Blue Jackets, and Penguins... They're not even wearing jerseys...

Thanks....

Tampa looks like one angry banana

:D

16 hours ago, Thomas said:

Carolina is a pig?

Not just a pig. A VERY ANGRY pig!!! Seriously look at the rage etched across his face as he howls at his enemies with storm flags attached to his hockey stick. He's out to get revenge on the entire Pork industry.

RAUUUUUUUURGHHHHH!!!!!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c9/ff/4c/c9ff4c667eb73d2a35f26727dfcb3cdd.jpg

The Catch of the Day!

2 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Not just a pig. A VERY ANGRY pig!!! Seriously look at the rage etched across his face as he howls at his enemies with storm flags attached to his hockey stick. He's out to get revenge on the entire Pork industry.

RAUUUUUUUURGHHHHH!!!!!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c9/ff/4c/c9ff4c667eb73d2a35f26727dfcb3cdd.jpg

Meh, he's no Hammy.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If I was wearing a uniform as awful as that, I'd be angry too :P.  But seriously, what Carolina did in 2013 has to be one of the worst downgrades in recent memory.  No character what-so-ever and I hate uniform sets that don't match.  Cardinal sin of sports branding.

8 hours ago, Morgo said:

If I was wearing a uniform as awful as that, I'd be angry too :P.  But seriously, what Carolina did in 2013 has to be one of the worst downgrades in recent memory.  No character what-so-ever and I hate uniform sets that don't match.  Cardinal sin of sports branding.

Right, they went from a fairly unique jersey with the flags at the hem and a smart shoulder logo, to looking like team Canada. A step in the wrong direction was the piping on the shoulders they got when they switched to edge jerseys. 

Archived