2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Which is a logical fallacy on the league's part.

Wasn't arguing for it, but the fact is that the League counts it, making this season the 100th. Arguing the validity or logic of it makes no difference, in this case.

Arguing against the logic of the League's decisions, in general, is a full time job that just turns you into a jaded fan.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

I hate it when some teams celebrate seasons and others celebrate years! Be consistent for crying out loud. The Rangers are celebrating their 90th year (1926-2016), while the 67' expansion teams are celebrating their 50th seasons (1967-2016).

I'd be surprised if they even had a choice. The NHL probably doesn't want anyone trying to eclipse their 100 year celebration, next season.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Canucks wore their West Coast Express era dark jerseys in warmup tonight as they inducted Mattias Ohlund into their Ring of Honour. One issue with the jersey, is a missing shard of ice in the logo. Could also be the way the crest is laying, but there also appears to be other inconsistencies with the logo as the eye looks bigger, dorsal fin also looks a little thin. 

For a team that has a 'Fight the Fake' page to educate fans on purchasing counterfeit jerseys, this is pretty sad.

3PfU48r.jpg27GIEy9.png

8prlQWA.png

It also makes me sad that they didn't even get the manufacturer branding right. Those dark jerseys were never worn with the CCM neck logo! If that tag inside the collar is what I think it is, those are off-the-shelf replicas, since all of the replica jerseys in the two seasons between the CCM/Koho era and the Edge era were made with the CCM neck logo instead of the proper Reebok logo.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

4 hours ago, randyc said:

Canucks wore their West Coast Express era dark jerseys in warmup tonight as they inducted Mattias Ohlund into their Ring of Honour. One issue with the jersey, is a missing shard of ice in the logo. Could also be the way the crest is laying, but there also appears to be other inconsistencies with the logo as the eye looks bigger, dorsal fin also looks a little thin. 

For a team that has a 'Fight the Fake' page to educate fans on purchasing counterfeit jerseys, this is pretty sad.

3PfU48r.jpg27GIEy9.png

LOL, "it´s not fake when we do it"

2 hours ago, CRichardson said:

It also makes me sad that they didn't even get the manufacturer branding right. Those dark jerseys were never worn with the CCM neck logo! If that tag inside the collar is what I think it is, those are off-the-shelf replicas, since all of the replica jerseys in the two seasons between the CCM/Koho era and the Edge era were made with the CCM neck logo instead of the proper Reebok logo.

Yep, they were replicas.  There's a video on the Canucks twitter feed of the players walking out from the locker room to the ice.  You can see the CCM logo on the sleeves.  As far as being CCM and not Koho, I guess it's because there are no more jerseys that are made under the Koho name.  The jerseys were being sold at the team store.  And, it does seem like they screwed up the logo with the missing shard of glass.  

At least the team wore a jersey Ohlund actually wore as a Canuck.  The team wore their current set with Pavel Bure's number 10 during the Russian Rocket's jersey retirement.

bure_bure_bure.jpg

I got a good LOL at the "Fight the Fake" page.

First item: "Look buddy, if you were hoping to save some money on this thing, you're SOL.  If you want it, you're going to pay us through the nose."

9 hours ago, Thomas said:

LOL, "it´s not fake when we do it"

It's not a fake. Those are legitimate replicas. They're just inherently inaccurate by design.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

11 hours ago, M4One said:

Yep, they were replicas.  There's a video on the Canucks twitter feed of the players walking out from the locker room to the ice.  You can see the CCM logo on the sleeves.  As far as being CCM and not Koho, I guess it's because there are no more jerseys that are made under the Koho name.  The jerseys were being sold at the team store.  And, it does seem like they screwed up the logo with the missing shard of glass.  

At least the team wore a jersey Ohlund actually wore as a Canuck.  The team wore their current set with Pavel Bure's number 10 during the Russian Rocket's jersey retirement.

bure_bure_bure.jpg

Puke, send these jerseys into space with a russian rocket!

11 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I got a good LOL at the "Fight the Fake" page.

First item: "Look buddy, if you were hoping to save some money on this thing, you're SOL.  If you want it, you're going to pay us through the nose."

I see no problem with that. There's no justification for buying fakes. The price argument is invalid when a perfectly good (albeit out of date) replica can be bought on eBay for less than $50.

18 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

I see no problem with that. There's no justification for buying fakes. The price argument is invalid when a perfectly good (albeit out of date) replica can be bought on eBay for less than $50.

Maybe this is because of my lot in life, but I put myself in the place of a dad looking to buy a jersey for his kid. Kids don't want the jersey of a guy that was traded last year. I never said I supported fakes, but I think it could have been handled more delicately since they're basically telling a group of their fans, "You can't afford this."

1 minute ago, Cosmic said:

Maybe this is because of my lot in life, but I put myself in the place of a dad looking to buy a jersey for his kid. Kids don't want the jersey of a guy that was traded last year. I never said I supported fakes, but I think it could have been handled more delicately since they're basically telling a group of their fans, "You can't afford this."

Fair point.

However, you don't necessarily have to get the jersey of a guy who was just recently traded. Get an early 2000s Sabres jersey and have it made up as a Hasek. Get an early 1990s Rangers jersey and have it made up as a Messier. Buying old jerseys opens up tons of options.

Billion dollar corporations gonna price out their "authentic" gear (who's quality seems to fall every damn year)?

I'll take my chances buying an appropriately priced "fake" over a crap, overpriced "authentic"...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

You can get a 100 percent authentic, brand new with tags, Tavares Islanders navy Edge jersey for $110 on eBay right now. You can also find replicas, some in current styles, for as low as $40 brand new. Just because the price is printed on the tag doesn't mean you have to pay it.  

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

21 hours ago, JQK said:

Billion dollar corporations gonna price out their "authentic" gear (who's quality seems to fall every damn year)?

I'll take my chances buying an appropriately priced "fake" over a crap, overpriced "authentic"...

I'll never understand the need to buy authentics. As a fan, it serves no functional purpose. You wear a jersey to show allegiance to a team and/or appreciation of a certain player. The replicas accomplish that goal.  I dont have any need for a fight strap and moisture wicking technology when I'm sitting the stands drinking a beer. 

Archived