2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is more general, but I always loved how Calgary's alternate captain patch was an Atlanta Flames throwback. 

As for the jersey, it's a great alternate, though I'm in the seeming majority with the Flames dropping black from their color scheme. Their current alternate should be their home jersey. But this would be a good throwback. Instead of script I'd use the flaming black C. 

6 hours ago, Thomas said:

Jersey is not bad, but scripts don't belong on hockey jerseys imo.  

Agreed.  Replace the script with the standalone 'C' and it's just a few tweaks away from being the perfect Flames primary.  Unpopular opinion; the Flames retro look is vastly overrated and the best they've ever looked was from 2003 to 2007.  The Flames are a unique example of BFBS working.

15 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Agreed.  Replace the script with the standalone 'C' and it's just a few tweaks away from being the perfect Flames primary.  Unpopular opinion; the Flames retro look is vastly overrated and the best they've ever looked was from 2003 to 2007.  The Flames are a unique example of BFBS working.

Which is why I never use BFBS for the flames. 

If it improves the look, it isn't black for blacks sale. It is adding black to improve the look of a jersey and set. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

There are a lot of great little details in that drawing. The shark chomping on the hockey stick like in the logo, rats on the Florida Panther, the lightning bolt hockey stick

But there are a lot of things included that the teams would rather forget, which I find more amusing. The Islanders fisherman is most obvious, complete with the teal coat, the Predator is straight from the mustard alts, and best of all, the Stars are portrayed by a bull, likely the constellation Taurus...aka the Mooterus

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

7 hours ago, Thomas said:

Jersey is not bad, but scripts don't belong on hockey jerseys imo.  

Then you even have the little C under the script here, Blue Jays style, but the C is too close. Overall way too cluttered

I agree about the script. But they should have swapped it for the regular black Flaming C.

I should try photoshopping one to see how well it fits.

Here is one with the other mascots (unfortunately its watermarked)

http://68.media.tumblr.com/b23d254e695c8e8ca4f318bd4ae1d585/tumblr_oexmabUWPx1szdb1do1_1280.jpg

I can't make out the Canadiens one. Colorado's yeti is beyond badass and how come Ottawa isn't Justin Trudeau smoking some weed and holding a smartphone at the end of his hockey stick taking a selfie?:P

Also a few defunct teams

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/2a/03/dc/2a03dc52028c9788d22bff9f5483522a.jpg

The Catch of the Day!

24 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Also strange that Ottawa's 'centurion' is wearing the heritage jersey...

I don't think the real Radiotactive Man wears a plastic smock with a picture of himself on it.

3 hours ago, Morgo said:

Unpopular opinion; the Flames retro look is vastly overrated and the best they've ever looked was from 2003 to 2007.  The Flames are a unique example of BFBS working.

You're absolutely right. With how bright the red and yellow are, they bleed together too much and the yellow gets lost with the white. Adding black trim vastly improved the look.

However, I'd make the argument that the best they've looked, to be more specific, was the 2006-07 season because they dropped the horse snot alternate.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived