Cardinals Logo (Updated)

baylorfan

if im honest, its a poorly drawn version of their current logo. it gets away from any realism the official logo has and inserts a more cartoony feel. i think you've been too aggressive in the line work in the sense that the bottom curve is too extreme and the beak appears bloated

i see what you're going for with the modern look, comparing this to the Dolphins, Jags, and Panthers updates, i see some comonalities here. those logos didn't just add shadows though, they're playing with perspective more where this logo is still a side profile. turn the birds head a bit and you'll get it closer to the modern look you're after, though i will say the modern NFL logos are not good IMO and its the wirk of Marc Verlander (cardinals, falcons, texans, bengals) that should be studied

i would also say the wordmark needs more work. i would remove the Vikings like spurs and instead think of something else you can put into it from the bird logo

Thank you for providing some valuable feedback. Your work is awe inspiring and one of the reasons I joined this site. As for the 'cartoony' feel, I felt as if my design was lacking something and began working on a different perspective a few days ago. The word mark, however, I was really pleased with. I simply took the angles from their current word mark and enlarged it to hopefully symbolize the feathers on the Cardinals head. However, this is my first logo creation and I know there's going to be tons I need to work on. Again, thank you for the comments and I look forward to hearing more from you.

As for why I chose the Cardinals, I've always been a fan of their current logo and felt like they have one of the best identity's in the league. However, I've always thought they needed more of a red color scheme and a slightly more realistic looking bird. I understand a lot of people think their current logo is perfect and that there is no need to change anything. I've just always wanted to put my ideas into perspective for myself, and everyone else to see. Keep in mind, this is not a proposal, but instead a concept. I've shared it with you to hopefully gain necessary feedback needed to make my logo great.

I will indeed be posting more updates in the near future. In the mean time, I appreciate everyone's feedback and please, keep it coming; good or bad.

knowing that this is your first logo attempt, i think you will be just fine in the future. i definitely see why you did the wordmark the way you did, but the end product is that the letters look just like the Vikings. i think there are more shapes and lines to work with here. maybe think of the wings or feathers as starting points for the type.

this logo is certainly not a bad cardinal logo, but as for being an Arizona Cardinals logo, you're just not going to find anyone that does it better than Marc Verlander. but yea, its the concepts forum. keep up the good work

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Below is a logo I have been working on for the Arizona Cardinals. The goal was to update their current logo into a more modern identity through a 'refresh' rather than a total revamp. I will be adding more at a later time; just thought I'd get my first idea out there. Let me know what you guys think!

Logo_zpsg2as8gle.png

I agree with another poster that you might want to eliminate the darker red. It's not really adding any of the depth you likely wanted. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a version without highlights at all. For gits and shiggles.

The beak is interesting. I think the overall shape isn't bad but I'd add a line to show where the two halves are rather than one big yellow shape.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I removed the dark red and enlarged the eye. I've also decided to disassociate this with the NFL franchise due to many people having obvious bias towards it and not so much leaving feedback on the bird itself. I know there's still work to be done on it, but am having trouble seeing it's flaws. Any feedback is wanted, thanks!

Logo_zpsqcqtookb.jpg

If they eye was bigger this would be pretty solid. The other thing thats throwing me off is the large curve the neck area takes. If that was more straight or even more like Louisville's logo it would be much better.

a2BRS8U.png

I tried messing with the neck area a bit and came out with these two. I'm not sure which looks better or if they are even an upgrade. I enlarged the eye a bit more as well.

Options_zpsd2jlqrsv.jpg

I think option 1 looks much better minus the double points on the bottom.

I'd like to see the logo pointing right as opposed to left and maybe slight adjustments to the shape of the forehead and back feathers in order to give the logo a faster moving look.

I removed the dark red and enlarged the eye. I've also decided to disassociate this with the NFL franchise due to many people having obvious bias towards it and not so much leaving feedback on the bird itself. I know there's still work to be done on it, but am having trouble seeing it's flaws. Any feedback is wanted, thanks!

Logo_zpsqcqtookb.jpg

It's super clean and super sharp I love this logo!

I actually love option 3 a lot. I think it looks great, but the problem for me is that it gives off the impression that it's looking down, as in sad. If you just tilted the head up a few degrees, it'd make a world of difference. Right now, I picture the Cardinal to be walking slowly down the sidewalk, while staring at the ground.

I actually love option 3 a lot. I think it looks great, but the problem for me is that it gives off the impression that it's looking down, as in sad. If you just tilted the head up a few degrees, it'd make a world of difference. Right now, I picture the Cardinal to be walking slowly down the sidewalk, while staring at the ground.

Like the Cardinals were today? Just kidding! I liked it the best as well; I just felt the 'chin' area was a little off.

Archived