• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/17/2016 at 7:49 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

The Packers and the Colts will play in the HOF game next season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000636466/article/packers-colts-to-play-in-2016-hall-of-fame-game

Favre made the Packers a given.  I will be there in Viking gear just to annoying anybody I can.

I hate Sam Bradford. They have nobody else so I guess it's ok as long as they're able to draft someone to develop behind him. 2 years is better than 5, which is what we were hearing. 

$23M is guaranteed so if they somehow get lucky in the draft they "only" have to pay  essentially $5M to release him after one season. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Bills cut Mario Williams earlier today.

Eagles sign Bradford for 2 years, 36 million.

image.gif.62c690d281204b32cb0e802cc65cad

I'm sorry, but $36 million (and $23 million guaranteed) is insane for Sam Bradford. I know he was decent last year, and the Eagles didn't really have another option, but to pay a guy $18 million a year when you're 25% sure he'll be injured would scare a lot of teams off, much less the percentage when it comes to Sam Bradford, which is probably close to 50%. 

They would've been better off spending the money on Osweiler or on another FA and drafting Paxton Lynch. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

I'm sorry, but $36 million (and $23 million guaranteed) is insane for Sam Bradford. I know he was decent last year, and the Eagles didn't really have another option, but to pay a guy $18 million a year when you're 25% sure he'll be injured would scare a lot of teams off, much less the percentage when it comes to Sam Bradford, which is probably close to 50%. 

They would've been better off spending the money on Osweiler or on another FA and drafting Paxton Lynch. 

While I hate Sam Bradford, that's simply too easy of a statement to make.  You can't be dependent on drafting someone who you may not be able to draft.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

While I hate Sam Bradford, that's simply too easy of a statement to make.  You can't be dependent on drafting someone who you may not be able to draft.

Good point. The point still stands though. It feels like the Eagles just kind of gave up and accepted that Sam Bradford would be their quarterback when there were some options out there. 

spacer.png

36 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Good point. The point still stands though. It feels like the Eagles just kind of gave up and accepted that Sam Bradford would be their quarterback when there were some options out there. 

Name them.  Seriously.

Outside of Chase Daniel because he was with Pederson in KC, there really is not a capable starting free agent QB. Ryan Fitzpartick still won't win you a bad NFC East. 

Honestly, they were dealing with guys like: Matt Flynn, Matt Moore, Drew Stanton, Case Keenum, Tavaris Jackson, Colt McCoy, and Clipboard Jesus.

5 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Name then.  Seriously.

Outside of Chase Daniel because he was with Pederson in KC, there really is not a capable starting free agent QB. Ryan Fitzpartick still won't win you a bad NFC East. 

Honestly, they were dealing with guys like: Matt Flynn, Matt Moore, Drew Stanton, Case Keenum, Tavaris Jackson, Colt McCoy, and Clipboard Jesus.

Brock Osweiler is out there. Fitzpatrick may have been a decent stopgap, but I see your point. Outside of those two and Bradford, there was essentially diddly squat. 

My my main issue though is the contract itself. To say they're goi to be overpaying Sam Bradford is a gross understatement. 

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Brock Osweiler is out there. Fitzpatrick may have been a decent stopgap, but I see your point. Outside of those two and Bradford, there was essentially diddly squat. 

My my main issue though is the contract itself. To say they're goi to be overpaying Sam Bradford is a gross understatement. 

Osweiler threw for 8 yards/attempt in an offense with Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas at WR.

If he is actually listening to other offers,  Fitzpatrick will cost more than the deal Bradford signed and he is just as fragile.

7 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Osweiler threw for 8 yards/attempt in an offense with Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas at WR.

If he is actually listening to other offers,  Fitzpatrick will cost more than the deal Bradford signed and he is just as fragile.

Osweiler's upside is light years ahead of Bradford and will probably cost a similar amount yearly. And I doubt that Fitzpatrick will command $18 million per year, but that would be in a sane world, which the NFL clearly is not. So we'll see. 

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Osweiler's upside is light years ahead of Bradford and will probably cost a similar amount yearly. And I doubt that Fitzpatrick will command $18 million per year, but that would be in a sane world, which the NFL clearly is not. So we'll see. 

NFL coaches no longer have time to see a FA's "upside".  You're getting three seasons or less to make the playoffs now. 

Eagles management and new staff are betting on the QB with experience with the players they have already to hit the ground running during OTAs in a really weak division.

17 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

NFL coaches no longer have time to see a FA's "upside".  You're getting three seasons or less to make the playoffs now. 

Eagles management and new staff are betting on the QB with experience with the players they have already to hit the ground running during OTAs in a really weak division.

Fair enough. 

spacer.png

Dfwable is right on all counts, though I admit I know nothing about Brock osweiler other than you can't "just sign" a FA. 

Money aside, I guess I like it for two reasons. 

1. It shows that they are going to try and compete this year rather than tank (though Bradford sucks, it's better than other options), and 

2. The length of the contract allows for them to draft someone and not be married to Bradford, who could make an absolute killing for one season. 

I think they're viewing it as a 1-yr contract with a club option, and they're paying $3M for that option (if the franchise tag would have been $20M). 

Pederson said that the ideal situation is to draft a guy and have him "sit for two years and get to know the community, the fans, and what Eagles football is all about". WTF. 

A sad farewell to the Quiet Storm. For 10 seasons, 7th round draft pick Marques Colston made the plays, took the hits, and was an integral part of one of the most successful offensive attacks in NFL history. And through all of it, he never felt the need to dance, prance, or pose. He just did his job better than any WR in Saints history and always with grace and dignity. I wish him all the best in whatever is next for such a classy person and terrific player.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

2 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Fair enough. 

Look back at coaches who have recently gotten fired before season 4.  For whatever reason(s), it has increased greatly since the start of the decade, even without the Raiders or Browns, whom I won't list.

Lovie Smith

Raheem Morris

Greg Shiano

Ken Whisenhunt

Mike Pettine

Jim Tomsula

Josh McDaniels

Todd Haley

Romeo Crennel

Jim Caldwell

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

Look back at coaches who have recently gotten fired before season 4.  For whatever reason(s), it has increased greatly since the start of the decade, even without the Raiders or Browns, whom I won't list.

Lovie Smith

Raheem Morris

Greg Shiano

Ken Whisenhunt

Mike Pettine

Jim Tomsula

Josh McDaniels

Todd Haley

Romeo Crennel

Jim Caldwell

Chip Kelly

Archived