• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Cujo said:

RIP Buddy Ryan -- innovator of the greatest defense this league will ever see.

The recent documentary showcased his failing health.  Guy was a shell of a human being at this point, so his passing probably brings sad relief to those who loved him.  The players that were under Buddy absolutely worshipped the man, but the outpouring of respect from the overall NFL community is pretty phenomenal to see.  Hope the Bears give him a patch on the uniform for the season.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Was just reminded his sons are Rex and the other fat one. Having his wacko sons left out of most tributes is a testament the impact Buddy actually left on the game.

6uXNWAo.png

On 6/28/2016 at 4:43 PM, CS85 said:

Well, he can enjoy his time south of the border, as the NFL has suspended him four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy...

...That is, if he ever lands on a team.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• 2 weeks later...

Why does the NFL feel the need to shove football down the throats of other countries? At best, football will be 2nd or 3rd most popular in China or England. Maybe I am wrong but it seems entirely too excessive.

17 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

Why does the NFL feel the need to shove football down the throats of other countries? At best, football will be 2nd or 3rd most popular in China or England. Maybe I am wrong but it seems entirely too excessive.

I think it's okay to play a game a year there in other countries.  You can't do a preseason game unfortunately because they would think football is boring as hell.  

It'd be irresponsible of them not to do a unique game internationally once or twice a year, but it's stupid to consider putting a franchise out of the country.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

39 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

It is still a billion people. According to the NYT, the NFL has 23 television and digital partners in China. The only the league can realistically grow revenue is with digital rights and with their desire for $25B in annual revenue by 2027, they must go international. Being, even 4th or 5th in a marketplace is still lucrative...ask a auto maker.

On the micro, these games provide more gate revenue than the average stateside home game.

53 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

If shoving it down their throats could somehow leave it shoved down my throat a little less, I'd be all for it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

How is it "shoving it down their throats"? 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

Do they really have an extreme desire for the NFL? I said that I may be wrong about it.

Giving them the option might help determine that. Simply staging an event isn't showing anything down anyone's throat.   If they take over all tv channels and have the Chinese army lead people to the stadium then that's a different thing. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived