For those unaware, Tom Brady had his appeal denied a couple days ago.  He only has one 'out' left now to avoid a suspension: Taking this to the Supreme Court.

I hope common sense prevails and Brady accepts the penalty, whether he's guilty or not.  Americans don't need football suspension hearings taking place on the Supreme Court...they've got bigger deals to worry about.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Brady tries to take it to the Supreme Court, but since they only hear about 1-2% of the cases people try to have sent there... not worried.

4 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Brady tries to take it to the Supreme Court, but since they only hear about 1-2% of the cases people try to have sent there... not worried.

Privileged white person, though.  Washington tends to help them out.

Brady's dropping it!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17083595/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-appeal-suspension-supreme-court

So in week 5 he'll play and this whole thing will finally. Be. Over.

I cannot wait!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

30 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Brady's dropping it!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17083595/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-appeal-suspension-supreme-court

I cannot wait!

I can't imagine the Supreme Court would hear that case anyways, would they?

Also, I don't have a link but according to NFL Insiders on ESPN, Von Miller has agreed to a deal with the Broncos.  Six years, $114 million and I think $70 million guaranteed.  I'm mostly undecided about it, but I guess I'm more happy than not.  On one hand, that's an insane amount of money for a non-QB.  On the other hand, he completely changes the opposing game-plans and basically just won the team a Super Bowl.  Plus the team doesn't have a QB they're paying a boatload of money to at the moment.  This deal, by the way, couldn't get done if the Broncos had kept Osweiler.

IUe6Hvh.png

29 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Brady's dropping it!

I cannot wait!

Finally. I'm just so sick and tired of seeing this issue consistently crop back up again and again. Brady certainly could've fought the decision again; but Brady showed a lot of self-control in accepting the suspension.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

4 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Finally. I'm just so sick and tired of seeing this issue consistently crop back up again and again. Brady certainly could've fought the decision again; but Brady showed a lot of self-control in accepting the suspension.

He fought it until his only recourse was to take it to the highest court in the nation-- the same people that ended segregation, decided the 2000 election, guaranteed defendants' rights to have a lawyer, legalized gay marriage, etc.-- with little chance that the court would actually take the case.  I don't call that self-control.

2 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Arian Foster to sign with the Dolphins. He will compete with Jay Ajayi for the starting position, but I'm assuming they'll both get an almost equal amount of carries.

Wow, he's fallen off a cliff.

Disgusts me how the Cowboys are seen as the standard of the NFC East, when really the team as a whole is sub par.

The NFC East has turned into a very weak division, everyone knows that. ANY of the 4 teams can win the division title. There's no one consistent team. I'd like to say the Redskins will win back-to-back titles, but I think the Giants will squeak by them. Cowboys probably will finish third and the Eagles will never make it out of the basement.

On 7/12/2016 at 3:43 PM, Wings said:

Rams & 49ers to play in China in 2018.

Football is a good sport for a nation of human rights violations.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Former Vikings, Cardinals coach Dennis "Denny" Green died at 67.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

9 minutes ago, PittsburghSucks said:

WR Josh Gordon has been reinstated.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

25 minutes ago, PittsburghSucks said:

WR Josh Gordon has been reinstated.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns cut him soon. Personally, I'd rather they just waited to see how the season plays out and let him go after another failed test.

The Browns are going to suck regardless. It's not going to hurt anything.

Jake Long signs a 1 year deal with the Baltimore Ravens 

Anquan Boldin signs a 1 year deal with the Detroit Lions

Washington Redskins may consider signing Greg Hardy to help replace injured Junior Galette

Atlanta Falcons release Devin Hester (NFL Record 20 KR/PR Touchdowns)

If Hester can't find another team and decides to retire (33 yrs old coming off toe surgery), is he HOF worthy?

Archived