• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/1/2016 at 7:05 PM, dfwabel said:

Why not. DAL has drafted Hanna and Escobar and yet to find a replacement for even Marty B

As said earlier today, DAL has the least success regarding picks round 4-7 than any other team since '08.

Rico Gathers left Baylor to try to play NFL football. He had a year left to play with Baylor. 

Over 20 teams were at the workout.

They really need Elliot, Smith and Collins to pan out because 4-7 seems really iffy with me. 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I wonder if Vegas is taking money on whether he'll find Jesus or be found dead.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if posted yet, I think I read last week the youngest ranks of Pop Warner football are taking kickoffs/returns out of the sport.  

Guess we're looking at that generation eventually playing in the NFL with the same rules- 5-10yrs away or less yes?

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

On May 22, 2016 at 8:03 PM, 2001mark said:

Not sure if posted yet, I think I read last week the youngest ranks of Pop Warner football are taking kickoffs/returns out of the sport.  

Guess we're looking at that generation eventually playing in the NFL with the same rules- 5-10yrs away or less yes?

I get the safety aspect, but how much of that is because 95% of five year olds don't know how to kick a football well enough to keep kickoffs around?

spacer.png

Rex Ryan gave a fantastic wrestling promo to MMQB!

How can you not want to work for him?

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/05/26/rob-rex-ryan-buffalo-bills-interview-nfl

We are going to see things one way, and we are going to do it our way. That’s what it takes to win. There is a certain style of defense that wins, a certain style of play that wins in this league, and nobody understands that more than we do. Our family has been to six Super Bowls as coaches, and we know it takes a physical brand of football and it takes physical players. I said I was going to build a bully, it wasn’t the appropriate word, but I want to be physical. I think we are getting it right. We brought in Richie Incognito, all he does is go to the Pro Bowl. Doug Whaley and company did a great job in the draft. Shaq Lawson is a physical player. Reggie Ragland is the most physical linebacker in the draft. That was a Ryan defensive player, a linebacker, going back to the days of when our dad was coaching the Bears, and even before that.

I can’t stand being around negative people. I can’t stand it. There are people that, I know for a fact, don’t believe in me; they don’t believe in the direction of the football team. That’s fine and dandy. I believe in it, and I am surrounding myself with people that believe in it also. People who are smart enough to believe in it. Because the Ryans are going to get it done. You’ve gotta credit Dennis Thurman, too. It’s hard to bring in a Rob Ryan to be the assistant head coach/defense and, oh by the way, the coordinator is still here. The coordinator is Dennis Thurman. We’re not twin brothers, but we are brothers, and we have been together for 14 years.

The World needs audio of this from Rex! It's SO a rasslin' promo!

I find it hard to believe that in this era of concussion consciousness that the league (and PA) would still support a post-season exhibition.

I know they've altered the rules, but there's still plenty of contact.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I find it hard to believe that in this era of concussion consciousness that the league (and PA) would still support a post-season exhibition.

I know they've altered the rules, but there's still plenty of contact.

You're talking about a league that cannot wait to add more regular season games.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

So the Pro Bowl is headed to.... wait for it.... Orlando. ?

And broadcast on ESPN, right? Totally unrelated, I'm sure...

6 hours ago, 2001mark said:

You're talking about a league that cannot wait to add more regular season games.

Apples and oranges.  Regular season games count for something, so at least the players aren't bashing each others' heads for fun.

Also they'd remove two preseason games, which may or may not have a positive impact since not all players play all of each preseason game anyway. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Apples and oranges.  Regular season games count for something, so at least the players aren't bashing each others' heads for fun.

Also they'd remove two preseason games, which may or may not have a positive impact since not all players play all of each preseason game anyway. 

Biggest holdup is the players. They won't see any more pay even though they have two more games that 'mean something' compared to the current setup where the starters go through the motions for a few drives or a quarter and then get to ride the bench and relax. If they play at all in some of them.

The players are in favor of just lopping off two of the preseason games and leaving the regular season at 16, though. Considering the NFL had 6 preseason games decades ago, they were in a time when players didn't have football as a fulltime job and needed some games to acclimate themselves. And as 'exhibitions' they got paid better and the games were played in neutral locations many times as well.

5 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Biggest holdup is the players. They won't see any more pay even though they have two more games that 'mean something' compared to the current setup where the starters go through the motions for a few drives or a quarter and then get to ride the bench and relax. If they play at all in some of them.

The players are in favor of just lopping off two of the preseason games and leaving the regular season at 16, though. Considering the NFL had 6 preseason games decades ago, they were in a time when players didn't have football as a fulltime job and needed some games to acclimate themselves. And as 'exhibitions' they got paid better and the games were played in neutral locations many times as well.

This isn't totally correct. 

18 regular season games would cause TV deals to increase (along with game-day revenue) which would lead to an increase in cap room which would lead to more pay for those extra two games. 

It would likely lead to a couple extra roster spots as well, so there's definitely an impact. It's not like they're telling the players to work OT for no extra pay. 

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/5/31/11819008/nfl-pro-bowl-hawaii-move-orlando-disney-world-2017

Goodbye Honolulu!!! Hello AFC vs NFC. This was a necessary move and I think this would make the game more attractive if they lower the ticket prices and make the players more accessible, similar to fan access at training camps. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

In other news, we will be able to witness the firepower of Stan Kroenke's fully armed and operational battle station stadium and sports complex at Super Bowl LV.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived