Florida Panthers 2016 Rebrand (Final touches)

McElroy19

Howdy folks! I know everyones talking about this so I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents. So here's my take on everything we've heard about the Panthers new uniforms and logos.

For my logo I took the 101st Air Born shield and applied my panther sketch to it, I like the product a lot.

xCBiCHw.jpg

And for the jerseys:

57zvQGw.jpg

q3cJGnq.jpg

I like the red uni but not so much the white one. Let me know if you think anything can get better or change for the better to fix it.

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

Very nice work! The panther logo is dynamic and effective, all while staying in line with the rumors we've heard so far. My one complaint would be the linework inside the head seems too thin, especially on the cheek and snout. On the uniforms, I think adding a blue stripe on the chest instead of the jersey color stripe (thin red stripes on the home, thin white stripes on the road) would help with balance as well as get some more blue involved. Overall, if the Panthers came out in these tomorrow, they'd be one of the best looking teams in the NHL.

Very nice work! The panther logo is dynamic and effective, all while staying in line with the rumors we've heard so far. My one complaint would be the linework inside the head seems too thin, especially on the cheek and snout. On the uniforms, I think adding a blue stripe on the chest instead of the jersey color stripe (thin red stripes on the home, thin white stripes on the road) would help with balance as well as get some more blue involved. Overall, if the Panthers came out in these tomorrow, they'd be one of the best looking teams in the NHL.

I agree with the blue thin stripe in the jersey. I had that originally and I for sure would do it if it was my call. But the powers at be say thats not how its going to look so for the sake of accuracy I left it out.

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms

Awesome job. the logo going around is terrible, looks like a chipmunk. this logo is probably the closest to what it will be. love the jerseys but only thing inaccurate is the spaces between the gold/white gold/red. think there will be no spaces. may be wrong. great work

Maybe the thin lines might be better colored navy or something because it screams 80s Calgary Flames a little too much.

The numbers need to be a different color than the waist stripe.

That aside, solid job with everything.

Maybe the thin lines might be better colored navy or something because it screams 80s Calgary Flames a little too much.

The numbers need to be a different color than the waist stripe.

That aside, solid job with everything.

you read my mind

A very solid concept, but as everyone has stated above, it needs more blue. And I think that the name & numbers on the white uni shouldn't be red, as it blends in with the waist stripe too much. All around its a much better jersey than the rumored redesign. Good work as always, McElroy.

I should add that the numbers on the away jersey are very hard to read. I'd just get rid of the outline and make the NOB and numbers blue.

I do have to disagree with filling the space between the stripes with blue, though. I feel like it would be overdoing it and would stray too much away from the information we've gotten about the jerseys.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

The panther itself looks very, very nice! I like the snarl on the snout and the whole jaw area. One of the better looking cat logos I've seen.

But the panther looks disjoinced from the shield, as if it was just randomly slapped on top of it.

I'd suggest having the panther and shield better integrated by:

1) getting rid of the white line around the panther.

2) having the neck get cut off at the border of the shield rather than how it's cut off now (it may require repositioning the shield a little so the neck doesn't get extended).

How does the panther look with no shield? I could see that working.

Wow first things first guys thanks for all the feedback!

I'm really torn here. As I tried to say in the original post I'm trying to predict the actual jersey based on the info we've been given. BUT being a designer and being able to take feedback I've come up with an alternative that I personally like more. SO we will now have version A - the prediction, a buy the guidelines I've found prediction of what we're going to see, and version B - the hero gotham deserves.

The updated Logos based on Jaha's suggestions:

mBSqTF7.png

Version A (By The Book):

BK6FmLr.jpgBpeE3Tg.jpg

Version B (The Floridian Knight):

HQ4LhRS.jpg

c0a8ZlL.jpg

Well that's a pretty good start guys like the direction all of this is going in and I wouldn't mind seeing either of these, especially the Dark Knight version, on the ice. Once again guys thanks for all the feed back and keep it coming!

Version B : WOW WOW WOW!!! VERY NICE!!The shoulder yokes give a great nod to their original jerseys. Name and number fonts look outstanding. Smart choice, using just blue for them on the road jersey. Matt, SEND VERSION B TO THE PANTHERS OWNERSHIP TODAY! YOU NAILED IT, SIR!

Version A: Definitely a good jersey. Better than what they have now, but there's still a few little touches that need to be fixed. All of which where fixed in...

Version B: BEAUTIFUL!! The blue goes perfectly with the jersey, and it looks like a modern throwback, that isn't the Canadiens. Definitely the hero Gotham deserves, and the one it needs.

Great work here, love the unique panther head. Well developed from the sources. The one suggestion I have for the jersey design, can we see the logo have a gold outline on all the jerseys (outline the same weight as what is around the numbers.) With the solid blue all the way around, it looks unfinished. Small but I feel that will help tremendously.

LAXP6z1.png

Think you really nailed it with version A!

The new logo is such an upgrade from your first version and I really like the clean, classic appeal of the sweaters.

I like your version B aswell, but for me it is just about one color too much.

Archived