The Sports Media Thread

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I almost feel like this is a monopoly situation, but would this eventually lock NBC, Amazon, Fox and CBS out of games or just move people around from New York to Bristol?

You'll also have the NBA, MLB and NHL asking "wait....what?"

• Like 1

Looks like The Libs are on one because outgroup member Tony Dungy said the cameras are on Taylor Swift too much during Chiefs games. Such a weird dynamic where they don't realize they're the ones running up the score.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

21 minutes ago, The_Admiral said:

Looks like The Libs are on one because outgroup member Tony Dungy said the cameras are on Taylor Swift too much during Chiefs games. Such a weird dynamic where they don't realize they're the ones running up the score.

I feel like they've toned it down recently. I think I only saw her 2 or 3 times yesterday, which isn't that much different than how often they usually show someone important.

4 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

I watched Peacock for WWE stuff and also the new Monk movie.  The New Monk movie was total nostalgia, albeit in a good way.  

I don't think anyone watches Peacock outside of WWE.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, BBTV said:

You must not know anyone into the Real Housewives franchise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

You must not know anyone into the Real Housewives franchise.

Just now, McCall said:

It's the only place to watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine and That 70s Show.

"What are three shows that have never been on my TV?"

It may have some original programming, but I've never heard anyone talk about an Peacock shows in the same way they do Prime, Hulu, Disney, Max, and even Paramount (which at least has the Star Trek franchise, even if they've been eroding it.)

If you guys watch it then cool - I suppose that proves it has a purpose and an audience, but outside of WWE, it does nothing for me.  It doesn't shock me that they're starting to push more and more live sports to it.  That's probably the end game (though someone mentioned that the NFL TV deal runs for another 10 years... so not sure how they can work more games onto it.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

50 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I have it for EPL games, the kiddo has it for the WWE PPV events. 

2 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

It's the Swifties, because multiple old men yelling at clouds have been screaming about her enjoying a football game. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Let me amend my statement to "I don't think many people watch Peacock outside of live sports or WWE."  Didn't realize the EPL, but yeah, that'd certainly draw subscribers.  I thought those were on ESPN+ or one of those other services.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Let me amend my statement to "I don't think many people watch Peacock outside of live sports or WWE."  Didn't realize the EPL, but yeah, that'd certainly draw subscribers.  I thought those were on ESPN+ or one of those other services.

ESPN+ has La Liga, the Bundesliga, the Eredivisie (Netherlands), the Belgian League, the 2nd division of English football, the FA Cup, and the English League Cup. (Fill me in if I'm missing something.)

Peacock+ has Premier League.

Paramount+ has Serie A as well as Brazilian and Argentine football. (Their Serie A contract ends this season and I'm selfishly hoping ESPN+ gets it back, but I'm not holding my breath.)

Poor Ligue 1 is still stuck in the abyss of Bein Sport which absolutely nobody has.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I have it for EPL games, the kiddo has it for the WWE PPV events. 

It's the Swifties, because multiple old men yelling at clouds have been screaming about her enjoying a football game. 

If I find an EPL game on a weekend afternoon, I will watch it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Is the billionaire a victim here? Who has more cultural currency, Taylor Swift or Tony Dungy?

7 minutes ago, The_Admiral said:

Is the billionaire a victim here? Who has more cultural currency, Taylor Swift or Tony Dungy?

Taylor Swift. I know it sounds crazy, but that's a fact.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Okay. Then maybe everyone doesn't have to rally the culture-war troops at the slightest critique and just, as they say, shake it off.

• Like 1

Decrepit boomers who blow their septums out if a woman appears on their sporpsball broadcast unless she's twerking or playing volleyball versus screeching TikTok gutter trash that lives with their parents despite being of legal drinking age. I stand with the meteor on this one.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Meh 2

6 hours ago, GDAWG said:

You'll also have the NBA, MLB and NHL asking "wait....what?"

The ratio on NFL vs. Everything Else on ESPN is the best it’s been in a few years, but still too heavy on the shield for my tastes. 

I might have to check out of SportsCenter again if it flips back.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

10 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Poor Ligue 1 is still stuck in the abyss of Bein Sport which absolutely nobody has.

I wish Prime Video would takeover Ligue 1 broadcasting rights in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada, in English, French and Spanish

I would prefer that Fox would have lost 5 NASCAR Cup Series races to The CW, and that Craftsman Truck Series would no longer be on Fox, with ESPN or CBS taking over full rights to the Craftsman Truck Series, including the very first round at Daytona.