Cosmic

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrew Shaw is apparently wanting $4.5M a year.  

LxIiDG7.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Thankfully, the Leafs don't need Stamkos.  This isn't a team on the cusp of a Cup run.  It's a team about to draft first overall & call up some youth in the fall to start.

Though I still believe he'll land here with a Babcockian deal - long term, spread the wealth.  Once he's exiting his prime, the young guns will hopefully be enough to push them towards greatness.  They could learn something from him along the way.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

37 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Andrew Shaw is apparently wanting $4.5M a year.  

LxIiDG7.gif

I've defended keeping Shaw against the people who want him gone because he's a Bad Person Who's Bad At Hockey And Bad. He brings a lot to the Hawks and has been a vital part of two championships. Can't defend that demand. He's gotta go.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Shaw to Montreal for two second round picks.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

5 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

To me, that's no different than playing the puck with the stick above the cross-bar, so I disagree.

If it hit someone in the shoulder, which was above the crossbar at the time, it would count.

The Caps get Lars Eller from Montreal for two second rounders. 

I like this deal. Eller fills our third line center hole and allows Jay Beagle to play where I think he is best (fourth line center, less offensive responsibility). 

spacer.png

If the Blackhawks deal Shaw in order to sign Ladd to a modest short-term deal, since he loves the city and doesn't want to go play out his days in BFE, he'd probably take a smaller deal.  All that said, they'd still have to lose Kruger to make it happen, realistically.  

twitter

Brian Elliott to the Flames just in time to turn back into a pumpkin, most likely.

Haven't had any first-round draft-day trades yet. Hope we do.

lol at Tim Murray

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived