2016-17 NBA Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Speaking out loud as a proud NBA fan:

With the way the Raptors are playing & with players admitting change needs to happen, do you think Dwane Casey should be fired? 

I think more time floundering would be required.  He's such a part of who they are, cliche, that to vacate his presence might shock them into outright spiral worse than they've seen.  Not until the offseason at least, they can find someone else who's capable - unless they win the title which I give them about 6% chance.
Masai doesn't pull the trade trigger lightly, I really wouldn't see him axing Casey until the summer if it happens.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

The little back and forth shots from teams' social media platforms is getting annoying. At first, it was great. But when you have the Sacramento Kings trying to poke fun at any other professional franchise, it has definitely jumped the shark.

The Denver Nuggets are currently Warrioring Golden State. Up 26 with 4:30 or so to go in the third. Hitting 16 3-pointers in the first half will do that for you.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Warriors bench cut it to 9 late, but Denver ends up winning 132-110 after tying the NBA record for threes in a game at 24.

This was the first game I saw of Nikola Jokic, who's all of a sudden the second coming. He went 17-12-21, but a lot of those were garbage time rebounds after the game was out of hand.

I'm wondering though how Jameer Nelson is still in the league.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Question for actual basketball fans: Do you like how the game has transitioned to so many deep shots with less focus on low play? It sort of feels like baseball in the 90's when some long-held aspects of the game were pretty much abandoned so dudes could mash pitches over the fence. 

Do you think this is how the game is going to stay or will we see a shift back to the old ways someday?

PvO6ZWJ.png

I prefer this to the slogging late 90's.

I also prefer Serge Ibaka to Terrence Ross.

Best part & it's not close is Masai wanted him last summer, yet too much to give up.  Cue midseason combined with a wreck of a new year, Ibaka can't possibly make this winter any worse.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

8 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Question for actual basketball fans: Do you like how the game has transitioned to so many deep shots with less focus on low play? It sort of feels like baseball in the 90's when some long-held aspects of the game were pretty much abandoned so dudes could mash pitches over the fence. 

Do you think this is how the game is going to stay or will we see a shift back to the old ways someday?

I think the game has evolved due to necessity.

The shelf life for true centers has gotten shorter.  Combine that with taller guys seemingly unable to stay healthy for a full season, the game has drifted to "be quicker with the smaller guys and pass it around until you hit the open guy for a three pointer".

Plus, teams are now coveting these flexible players that toggle between guard and forward or forward and center.  It's like one of my favorite August phrases for football: "The more you can do".

And, I wonder if the knees for these centers aren't any different than the pitching arms in baseball.  Seems like kids play year-round competitive basketball.  Their knees and feet take on such a pounding from these wooden courts.  By the time they get draft-eligible, it seems like the true centers already have some injury issues.

9 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I would like to see some more offensive balance around the league. With that said, it's not like the current three-point barrage is any more repetitive than when teams used to just spam post-ups or isos all game. And the rise of the three-pointer has also brought spacing and ball movement back to the game.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

:censored:ing hate Rob Hennigan. So, essentially we traded Oladipo for Terrence Ross. Stupid. Stupid stupid stupid.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/109425-2016-17-nba-season/?do=findComment&comment=2667031

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/109425-2016-17-nba-season/?do=findComment&comment=2671915

Less than four months ago.  Oh well.

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

Eh, I'll be like that again at the start of next year. Predicting big things makes me feel a little better about reality.

But anyway, this seems like a move of a team that changed to a "win now" attitude, failed miserably, and is now desperately flailing to mend the errors they made.

ExJworW.png

Archived