2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

Unocal

30 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

Honestly, I'm really happy to see the league and a bunch of teams doing the "Hockey is for Everyone" nights and campaigns. It's really nice to see a sport generally seen as anti-LGBT turn into a welcoming environment.

I don't think hockey is all that homophobic. Probably less so than others *cough*football*cough*

But yeah. This is nice.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

Honestly, I'm really happy to see the league and a bunch of teams doing the "Hockey is for Everyone" nights and campaigns. It's really nice to see a sport generally seen as anti-LGBT turn into a welcoming environment.

I ask this as someone who is not LGBT, so someone who is can correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the NHL be seen as a more welcoming environment than the other major leagues, considering that the NHL was the birthplace of You Can Play?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

3 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

I ask this as someone who is not LGBT, so someone who is can correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the NHL be seen as a more welcoming environment than the other major leagues, considering that the NHL was the birthplace of You Can Play?

5 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I don't think hockey is all that homophobic. Probably less so than others *cough*football*cough*

But yeah. This is nice.

I mean, yeah. But when I think of hockey and LGBT together, I think of Andrew Shaw and people in the stands yelling fa**ot at people on the ice.

Regardless, despite the bad, I'm glad some good is coming out of hockey.

The Canadiens need to rally their top lines successfully, in order to get those victories over the league's top teams. Which is something the Habs have had a lot of difficulty doing throughout the current season.

Come playoff time, they will need to achieve a good push because top teams are who they'll be facing every game.

Claude Julien fired. Are the Bruins a good team? No. Is this Claude's fault? Undoubtedly, no. They've had some bad puck luck, and the numbers back up their ability to put it in the net even though they seemingly can't. This is a front office that has repeatedly made bonehead move after bonehead move, and Claude now got the axe because of those. Cam Neely should've been gone 2 years ago, but Chiarelli was his scapegoat that year.

The timing is so Bruins as well. 11:30 press conference, Patriots parade starts at 11. Way to shoo your all time wins leader coach out the back door, boys. 

Good luck in Vegas.

I have a bottle of champagne in my fridge that I've been saving for a random special occasion. Would it be weird if I popped that when the Red Wings are officially eliminated from the playoffs? 

PvO6ZWJ.png

24 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I have a bottle of champagne in my fridge that I've been saving for a random special occasion. Would it be weird if I popped that when the Red Wings are officially eliminated from the playoffs? 

LOL.

I'd like to see the streak ended, too.  But you could have reason to hold onto it for only a few months.  The two newest teams may just be contenders.  (See you in June)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived