NBA 2017-18: Old Faces, New Places - Rookies, Trades & FAs

kimball

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing it was a BBB hoodie, so it makes perfect sense (from his perspective at least.)

I love what LaVar is doing.  He's showing exactly how to take on the big guys, and if he pulls off what he's trying to accomplish, he'll go down as one of the most brilliant businessmen in histories.  Yeah it is all dependent on Lonzo and his bros being awesome players, but there's lots of awesome players that never started an entire brand.

Imagine the $$$ if Lonzo is a hit and some company actually does want to co-brand with BBB.  You'd basically have LaVar running his own Jordan Brand type thing, and raking in more cash than any of us will ever see.

I'm genuinely hoping he succeeds.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Yeah it is all dependent on Lonzo and his bros being awesome players,

The chances of Lonzo and his brothers all being awesome, super star players is about 1 in 10 trillion.

Right now, BBB is a novelty.  That novelty will likely wear off pretty fast.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The chances of Lonzo and his brothers all being awesome, super star players is about 1 in 10 trillion.

Lonzo could be pretty good, but his brothers? NBA Players? No way.

a2BRS8U.png

2 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Notice how the Nets ever so conveniently left off that big ugly square of death that's going to be on their unis next year.
400x-1.jpg

I would too. No obligation to start using them yet. 

This is nothing. Can't wait for the for in       amount of years when our teams start looking like the EU soccer teams with all the ads. 

Ironically, you need to hope that this advertising plan is an amazing success.

If it works really well, and advertisers see the benefits of an exclusive partnership, then they'll pay more for that.  Meaning that it'll stay at one ad, rather than eurotrash.

If it doesn't go well and advertisers want to pay less, then they'll have to supplement that loss by selling more ad space.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived