Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. 

The dolphins are a prime example of this. They had a top 5 uniform and identity and they ruined it for a logo that looks like it’s better suited for a spa than an nfl team. 

It happened before with with the giants,  jets and the 49ers, once they realized their identity lacked they went back to what worked in the past. Who can honestly make an argument that the dolphins look better now than at any other period of their franchise? Same with the eagles, bucs and pats, although after 5 titles they aren’t going to change anytime soon. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it''s not gonna happen now because they would screw themselves out of a whole lot of merchandise sales between now & the holiday season, So i'd expect it to be sometime after the first of the year with the full unveiling in April before the draft.  Just a guess nothing more. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

32 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

Well it''s not gonna happen now because they would screw themselves out of a whole lot of merchandise sales between now & the holiday season, So i'd expect it to be sometime after the first of the year with the full unveiling in April before the draft.  Just a guess nothing more. 

You seem to be spot on with that prediction. Just curious, what do you personally think we will see with our new set?

Jaguars

6 hours ago, Teal said:

Guys any ideas/suggestions as to what the new 2018 unit will look like?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

4 hours ago, Teal said:

They look great. I wonder if Nike will change the tone of the teal? Maybe go darker or more green?

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Teal said:

I'm thinking they will play it very safe and basic with the 2018 set.

2 hours ago, Teal said:

Do you think the Jags will announce that a change is coming?

1 hour ago, Teal said:

So basically, we have a long wait ahead of us...

1 hour ago, Teal said:

You seem to be spot on with that prediction. Just curious, what do you personally think we will see with our new set?

Dude... it's going to be months.  You gotta calm down, young man, you're gonna hurt yourself.:D

22 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I prefer the original logo because it's more sports logo while the current logo is more illustration. The original gets the same message across while using fewer lines. Plus it had that cool full body jaguar for the sleeves. Both them and the Bengals should bring their full bodied secondary logos back. 

I wholeheartedly agree. Was the old one perfect? Eh, no, but the new one looks like you can buy it from a place called vectorgraphicwarehouse.com, which is to say, it feels very stock and universal.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

17 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Dude... it's going to be months.  You gotta calm down, young man, you're gonna hurt yourself.:D

Sue me for wanting to hear other members thoughts and predictions.....

Jaguars

8 minutes ago, Teal said:

I respect that. Just curious about how members ideas and predictions. 

Well no one really knows. 

We have rumours that teal will be used more and the helmet will be changing. 

That could mean almost anything.

2 hours ago, Teal said:

We shall see, still a lot of time. I've had the feeling beyond the scuttlebutt I've been hearing that change was coming in 2018  but the word way back was that the teal was being phased out. and would almost be gone after 2018... But after commercials then when we got our tickets, Teal Deals & even the Collector series cups at the Bank have been very heavy teal, white, black which is attention grabbing because in recent years it's been Black, Gold with some teal (if any.) On a lot of the promo stuff. ( I'll post a picture) still had teal merch but it was definitely mitigated compared to past years until this season. 

The word is it TC's obliviously has an influence on the direction of the change and the revival of the teal now & also wants something more traditional.  Now how true it is that I am uncertain but I also do know the Bold Rush merch doesn't sell anything like they had anticipated, you can go to a lot of local places and there is alotta stock sitting, it's caught on with some but not a whole lot. I'm thinking it's still gonna be black as primary I'd love for it to return to teal full-time but I just don't see it. 

H- Black Jersey, white Pants  - Lots of Teal  Northwestern Stripes to the OK State stripes a few years ago. 

A -White Jersey Black Pants -  More Gold 

Teal Jersey White Pants Color Rush

Throwback 

This is simply a guess. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

3 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I wholeheartedly agree. Was the old one perfect? Eh, no, but the new one looks like you can buy it from a place called vectorgraphicwarehouse.com, which is to say, it feels very stock and universal.

Thank you for articulating exactly what I've never liked about it. It looks like it would appear on a flier for a travel baseball team that sixth graders play for. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

H- Black Jersey, white Pants  - Lots of Teal  Northwestern Stripes to the OK State stripes a few years ago. 

Throwback 

This is simply a guess. 

Teal jersey with pants Color Rush? That's not how this works.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

10 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

We shall see, still a lot of time. I've had the feeling beyond the scuttlebutt I've been hearing that change was coming in 2018  but the word way back was that the teal was being phased out. and would almost be gone after 2018... But after commercials then when we got our tickets, Teal Deals & even the Collector series cups at the Bank have been very heavy teal, white, black which is attention grabbing because in recent years it's been Black, Gold with some teal (if any.) On a lot of the promo stuff. ( I'll post a picture) still had teal merch but it was definitely mitigated compared to past years until this season. 

The word is it TC's obliviously has an influence on the direction of the change and the revival of the teal now & also wants something more traditional.  Now how true it is that I am uncertain but I also do know the Bold Rush merch doesn't sell anything like they had anticipated, you can go to a lot of local places and there is alotta stock sitting, it's caught on with some but not a whole lot. I'm thinking it's still gonna be black as primary I'd love for it to return to teal full-time but I just don't see it. 

Throwback 

This is simply a guess. 

I'm guessing Teal Uni/White pants for home, White Uni/Teal pants for away and Black Uni/Gold pants for the alternate.

Jaguars

14 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

What, then, makes you believe that the old one isn't that same generic way but for a bygone era? It seems like an odd comparison to say that one feels "stock" when we're dealing to two simple cat heads here. I'm not sure what you're looking for here that could make the new one less generic. Arrange the spots into the shape of the city's skyline? My point is that generic-feeling doesn't necessarily make a lame logo; many logos that could be spun as generic (the Colts' horseshoe, the Viking head, the Cardinal head, the Cowboys' star, etc.) get the job done regardless.

2 hours ago, Gupti said:

What, then, makes you believe that the old one isn't that same generic way but for a bygone era? It seems like an odd comparison to say that one feels "stock" when we're dealing to two simple cat heads here. I'm not sure what you're looking for here that could make the new one less generic. Arrange the spots into the shape of the city's skyline? My point is that generic-feeling doesn't necessarily make a lame logo; many logos that could be spun as generic (the Colts' horseshoe, the Viking head, the Cardinal head, the Cowboys' star, etc.) get the job done regardless.

All of these examples have 50+ years of equity built into them (not counting slight tweaks to the Cardinal and Viking heads).  They would look very generic if they were introduced today, but their history provides weight that overcomes that fact.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

14 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Teal jersey with pants Color Rush? That's not how this works.

No it's not, I screwed up. I meant to say all teal which of course would be a first but I still wouldn't 100% rule out a flux-back of sorts for the color rush but if that's the case id imagine there would be no throwback in that case.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Archived