AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

On 10/15/2019 at 10:07 AM, MBurmy said:

Unless they move back to the East, I'm not sure what recourse they have. I can't think of anywhere in California they can go, and since the Flames own them, they'll have to eat the extra travel costs involved in relocation.

I mean, what are they going to do, revive the Sundogs?

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 hour ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Unless they move back to the East, I'm not sure what recourse they have. I can't think of anywhere in California they can go, and since the Flames own them, they'll have to eat the extra travel costs involved in relocation.

I mean, what are they going to do, revive the Sundogs?

Back to Abbotsford?

16 minutes ago, Corvus said:

Back to Abbotsford?

The funny thing is, if they sold to Vancouver, it could actually work in the league footprint this time.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

27 minutes ago, Corvus said:

Back to Abbotsford?

Minor-league hockey will always struggle in Canada, especially in markets that already have a Junior A team. The only way Abbotsford AHL works is if it's the Canucks doing it. Even then, I'm only about 85% sure it'll work. Since the Canucks seem happy with Utica, I'd say it's a no-go.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

3 hours ago, Corvus said:

Back to Abbotsford?

I could see them pulling a Winnipeg and going to Calgary. The Hitmen drew 7363 last year, while Stockton drew 3690. The Flames already own the Hitmen, and could do with them as they pleased.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

36 minutes ago, nash61 said:

I could see them pulling a Winnipeg and going to Calgary. The Hitmen drew 7363 last year, while Stockton drew 3690. The Flames already own the Hitmen, and could do with them as they pleased.

They could do that, but why risk a good thing with the Hitmen?  

On 10/18/2019 at 12:55 PM, monkeypower said:

The Hitmen are having Bret Hart Night on November 2 in conjuction with Prostate Cancer awareness.

EHLma9SUEAM1k8E.jpg

Love the tie-in with it being the 25th anniversary.  Back in original colours,

Not a Hitmen fan myself, but curious about how their fans would feel about a return to the original colours full-time.  I like the pink and silver trim better than the red and copper trim they have going on.  An uncommon colour scheme that works.  Always liked this past uniform they wore as an alternate.  This idea with tweaks such as making the stripes on the jersey like they are on the socks would be a good primary look.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

The Hitmen should absolutely have hot pink accents all the time, it's the one uniform issue in major-junior that I can work up any passion for. Don't overdo it, a little goes a long way, but it's ridiculous to do anything else. They're the Hitmen from Calgary, Alberta, Canada! Come on!

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So the pink Ducks jersey was for the 15th anniversary and then they wore it as an alternate for a couple seasons after.

Then for their 20th, they brought back the actual throwbacks and added the original starburst logo on one shoulder with the anniversary logo on the other.

Kenton+Helgesen+Medicine+Hat+Tigers+v+Ca

Then after that season they switched out the anniversary logo for another starburst logo and wore it as an alternate up until last season.

They are playing an outdoor game in Regina against the Pats the day after the Flames and Jets play. This will be the second time the Hitmen have played outdoors (the other time was also against Regina) and wore these jerseys last time, so I am expecting some pink and grey again if there are going to be jerseys for the game. They also kept these around as an alternate for a few seasons too. (This was also during a time period where one of the helmet decals was flipped for some reason)

WHL+outdoor+game+mark+rogers.jpg

17 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

Not a Hitmen fan myself, but curious about how their fans would feel about a return to the original colours full-time.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

The Hitmen should absolutely have hot pink accents all the time, it's the one uniform issue in major-junior that I can work up any passion for. Don't overdo it, a little goes a long way, but it's ridiculous to do anything else. They're the Hitmen from Calgary, Alberta, Canada! Come on!

I think the current colours have been around for so long at this point. As a fan of both of these teams, I think a fairly good comparison is the Ducks. They both started with branding deeply tied into their ownership with unconventional colours. They both changed to their current branding after new ownership took over and have seen championships in current branding with their first championships coming in the first year of the current branding (the Hitmen have since won another).

Not that I think there's as much clamor for the pink Hitmen as there is for the Mighty Ducks, but the current branding has been around for so long now that I think both ownership groups are fine with keeping the old branding around for anniversaries, special occasions and double dipping on the merch.

IbjBaeE.png

5 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Looks like we missed new Solar Bears unis:

Looks like the teal is dropped completely.  The OSB looks dumb.

Full set:

AGY7KMNTMBCYLN2VPN3EYV6FPE.jpg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On October 19, 2019 at 8:57 PM, Wade Heidt said:

Somehow this one went under the radar for me and maybe most of us.

Baie-Comeau Drakkar have dropped the black trim this year.  Going just red and yellow.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Dear Calgary Flames: This is how you update your look.

• Like 1

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17