Best looking matchups

FALCON6

I know there was a thread like this somewhere, but I think it's worth bringing up again. What are some of the best looking matchups uniform-wise you can think of? I'll start off with two CvC CFB rivalries, UCLA and USC and The Battle of the Carolinas. Also, The Keystone Classic is a good one.

This would be good with pictures... 

My favorite is one that actually happens very rarely. The New York Rangers classic Blueshirt sweaters, vs the Boston Bruins current road set

EP-311089763.jpg&updated=201711082256&Ma

This matchup only happened because of no alternate jerseys. The Rangers usually wear their awful navy alternates when they play the Bruins, which is a shame, because of how beautiful of a home jersey they have. (They even wore their winter classic jerseys later in the last seasons against the Bruins... ?)

Another that I like is the Minnesota Wild roads vs the Colorado Avalanche home sweaters!

cut.jpg

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Before the Oilers’ most recent change, Stars/Oilers was one of my favorite matchups in sports. Couldn’t even tell you why, I just loved the way royal blue/orange and kelly green matched up. Especially when Dallas was in the greens and Edmonton was in the whites.

9943226.jpg

9387875.jpg?size=640x420

I don’t like it anymore now that Edmonton switched to orange jerseys and swapped royal out for navy, but the matchup had a good run for a short while.

I’ll have to think of some others across other leagues later, but that’s the first one that came to mind. Probably a strange one to come to mind haha, but it did.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, whitedawg22 said:

In my unbiased opinion, the best matchup is Ohio State at Michigan, with both teams in their traditional uniforms:

hi-res-b93093ca8e29e5d49aa6f0052a903bce_

Nothing worse than seeing my Buckeyes pull alternates out of their butt to avoid tradition. It should be illegal. One of my (realistic) uniform dreams is seeing the Buckeyes go back to the old shoulder stripes full time. I just don't like the use of the helmet stripes on the shoulders. At home it, it put red on red, and on the road it adds gray creating inconsistency. The old stripes were perfect.

Anyway, here's a couple matchups in Columbus, as it's great in both stadiums.

college-football-ohio-state-archie-griff

09f9db71-06-barrett-2qtr-td-cr.jpg

Would love to have a color v color game, a la USC/UCLA, another great color matchup:

20161119_UCLA_NickEntin_2000px_005-1030x

38 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Nothing worse than seeing my Buckeyes pull alternates out of their butt to avoid tradition. It should be illegal. One of my (realistic) uniform dreams is seeing the Buckeyes go back to the old shoulder stripes full time. I just don't like the use of the helmet stripes on the shoulders. At home it, it put red on red, and on the road it adds gray creating inconsistency. The old stripes were perfect.

Anyway, here's a couple matchups in Columbus, as it's great in both stadiums.

college-football-ohio-state-archie-griff

09f9db71-06-barrett-2qtr-td-cr.jpg

Would love to have a color v color game, a la USC/UCLA, another great color matchup:

20161119_UCLA_NickEntin_2000px_005-1030x

UCLA-USC is always such a great-looking matchup. I agree about our Buckeyes and alts too. If they MUST have an alt, it shouldn't be worn in a rivalry game.

Archived