Gothamite

Angels tell Anaheim they're opting out of their lease on Angel Stadium

On 12/22/2019 at 6:02 PM, QCS said:

Anaheim Angels > California Angels > Los Angeles Angels > Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

The team doesn't play in Los Angeles. Anaheim is its own distinct city, even if it's within the LA metro. Oakland is part of the San Francisco metro, but it's still its own city. The Angels play in Anaheim, and should represent that fact. 

How do you feel about Santa Clara 49ers and East Rutherford Giants and Jets?

36 minutes ago, sayahh said:

How do you feel about Santa Clara 49ers and East Rutherford Giants and Jets?

And a D.C. football team that plays in Landover, Maryland?

here we go mood GIF

On 12/23/2019 at 5:42 PM, infrared41 said:

Cleveland has had more hockey teams than I can remember. AHL, WHA, NHL, IHL, and back to AHL.  None of them have been particularly successful. It's not the Coliseum's fault that hockey has never worked here. That aside, I think the WHA's Crusaders, a team in a league that wasn't the NHL, averaged about 6,500 a game in their short tenure at the Coliseum because they were pretty good. At that time, in this area, 6,500 a game for hockey is like getting 35,000 a game for baseball. The Barons 2.0 New NHL Version wouldn't have worked if they had played downtown for free. Whatever the Indoor Soccer League team was supposed to be did well despite the games being played in Richfield. Indoor soccer fans set an attendance record there. I don't think you can use hockey's failure as some sort of proof that the Coliseum was a failure. But what do I know, I was only here for the entire existence of the Richfield Coliseum. Granted, living here and following those teams doesn't give me the same expertise as a Brewers fan who read some articles, but I do think I have some perspective on the matter. 😉

The original Cleveland Barons were very successful in the ahl winning nine Calder Cups. The current ahl team one the cup in 2016.

8 minutes ago, ClevelandBaronsNHLfan said:

The original Cleveland Barons were very successful in the ahl winning nine Calder Cups. The current ahl team one the cup in 2016.

I was talking about attendance, but thanks.