MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a couple different mockups of what the Timbers’ new primary kit could end up looking like:

sovr2OF.jpg

xayFqb7.jpg

From the teaser that MP posted yesterday, it’s clear that the shirt will have white cuffs with gold trim, and gold Adidas stripes down the sides, but it remains to be seen whether gold or white will be used for the Adidas and Alaska logos on the front and names/numbers on the back. Given the popularity of the outgoing green and gold primary kit, I’m suspecting that the logos and names/numbers will once again be gold. That would be my preference, as I think it’s a better and more distinctive look overall. Also, in my mockups I used the same collar as the one that’s on the leaked NYCFC home shirt for next season, as well as the leaked Chicago away shirt. In addition, I guessed on the shorts and socks, as well as the jocktag and back neck graphics on the shirt.

I far prefer the second mockup - on the first, the white collar and cuffs look extremely out of place when there's no white elements anywhere else on the shirt. I also prefer green-white-green for them, so I would love if they went back to that.

ExJworW.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Duck_Duck said:

Thin horizontal lines . . . of text, yah?

Nope, the hoops in my mockups are just made up of thin horizontal lines, which is how they’ll be on the real thing. Check the tweet you referenced in your earlier post again; the person who tweeted it was making a joke that the hoops were made up of text saying “F*** Seattle”. If you look at the actual teaser image, you can clearly tell that the hoops are just made up of thin lines, not lines made of up text.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Now that we're not in a World Cup year, are MLS teams returning to more unique, non-template designs? That Chicago shirt looks nice, though clearly begging for a sponsor.

EDIT:

9 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a couple different mockups of what the Timbers’ new primary kit could end up looking like:

sovr2OF.jpg

If you can't beat the Five Stripes, might as well add a sixth.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

22 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Nope, the hoops in my mockups are just made up of thin horizontal lines, which is how they’ll be on the real thing. Check the tweet you referenced in your earlier post again; the person who tweeted it was making a joke that the hoops were made up of text saying “F*** Seattle”. If you look at the actual teaser image, you can clearly tell that the hoops are just made up of thin lines, not lines made of up text.

Yes, I understand.  Wasn't sure you got the joke.  Now I realize you did.  

This has been a rewarding exchange.

28 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

EDIT:

If you can't beat the Five Stripes, might as well add a sixth.

Nice try, but there’s actually 12 stripes (hoops) there, not six (yes, the lighter green ones count too, at least when comparing them to ATL’s Five Stripes).

I should also point out that the 12 hoops in my mockups are just a guess based on how thick the hoops looked in the teaser image.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Nice try, but there’s actually 12 stripes (hoops) there, not six (yes, the lighter green ones count too, at least when comparing them to ATL’s Five Stripes).

I should also point out that the 12 hoops in my mockups are just a guess based on how thick the hoops looked in the teaser image.

You've actually hit on something that bugs me about the Five Stripes thing for Atlanta, which is that I look at that shirt as having three black stripes on a red jersey, not five stripes as three black ones and two red.

6fQjS3M.png

31 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

You've actually hit on something that bugs me about the Five Stripes thing for Atlanta, which is that I look at that shirt as having three black stripes on a red jersey, not five stripes as three black ones and two red.

It’s definitely something that can be looked at either way, and to a certain extent I’d say I agree with you, especially since Atlanta’s shirt has the plain red sleeves and back. In their crest I see the five stripes as three red and two black, but in some of their graphics (and on the shirt), they can definitely look like three stripes rather than five.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/12/philadelphia-union-2019-kit-back-tag-vote.html

Phila Union fans can pick what goes on the back of next year's white jerseys. 

That article is a bit confusing, but according to the Union there’ll be ten different back neck graphics that both the fans and the players can choose from to adorn the back of their shirts. The fans will be voting to select nine of them, while the tenth option will be this:

7OmZzts.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

That article is a bit confusing, but according to the Union there’ll be ten different back neck graphics that both the fans and the players can choose from to adorn the back of their shirts. The fans will be voting to select nine of them, while the tenth option will be this:

7OmZzts.jpg

That's pretty dope looking. Also, big fan of the idea of fans getting some amount of involvement in the kits, even if it's just the back tag.  

spacer.png

Here’s a mockup of what the full NYCFC home kit could end up looking like:

vkUOyIN.jpg

As per usual, the shorts and socks are just guesses/predictions.

Also, in the last couple of days I’ve changed the layout of my template so it’s easier to get an idea of what the full kit would look like, so I went ahead and updated my Timbers mockups as well:

6WEN4Zm.jpg

ACJ6KHS.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a mockup of what the full NYCFC home kit could end up looking like:

vkUOyIN.jpg

As per usual, the shorts and socks are just guesses/predictions.

I'd be happy with that.  Maybe bring that touch of orange to the socks, but I like  using it sparingly.

But where'd you get that wordmark?  The club doesn't use different weights of Gotham - they keep all five letters the same.

53 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I'd be happy with that.  Maybe bring that touch of orange to the socks, but I like  using it sparingly.

But where'd you get that wordmark?  The club doesn't use different weights of Gotham - they keep all five letters the same.

A couple years ago I just pulled the letters from the crest and created the wordmark myself, and haven’t changed it since. Thanks for pointing that out, I’ll go in and update that at some point. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Hey @upperV03 may I tweet that?  If so, how would you like to be credited?

Yep, you can! I don’t have a Twitter right now, so you can just credit me by using my username on here, and then my actual name (Jonah Henderson). Thanks! Also, let me go fix the wordmark real quick and I’ll send you that version.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived