North American Pro Soccer 2019

Gothamite

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Russell Wilson had an OT game of his life last night and I just saw him at the Sounders championship parade.

That level of energy is remarkable.

Had I'd been at the parade, I would have never paid attention to him because I would've been standing at attention for Ciara. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Had I'd been at the parade, I would have never paid attention to him because I would've been standing at attention for Ciara. 

She's very pretty.

l1XofuK.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Russell Wilson had an OT game of his life last night and I just saw him at the Sounders championship parade.

That level of energy is remarkable.

I would not be at all surprise if Russell (and Ciara) get involved somehow with the Seattle NHL Club.

On 11/11/2019 at 5:38 PM, DG_Now said:

Of course it did. It was during NFL football

Why did MLS decide to do that, btw? If I'm not mistaken, the MLS Cup Final in 2018 was played on a Saturday night - I think the same night as some of the college football conference championship games, but that pales compared to the NFL - so I'm not sure why any of TPTB thought "throw it up directly against NFL games on a Sunday". Just seems like a terrible idea that was destined to bring lower returns on TV ratings. 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Why did MLS decide to do that, btw? If I'm not mistaken, the MLS Cup Final in 2018 was played on a Saturday night - I think the same night as some of the college football conference championship games, but that pales compared to the NFL - so I'm not sure why any of TPTB thought "throw it up directly against NFL games on a Sunday". Just seems like a terrible idea that was destined to bring lower returns on TV ratings. 

It was also on FOX. 

FBS championship games were the weekend prior.  FCS playoffs were likely on ESPN/2.

1 minute ago, dfwabel said:

It was also on FOX. 

FBS championship games were the weekend prior.  FCS playoffs were likely on ESPN/2.

There you have it. Thanks. ABC was never going to bump any of their college football windows for the MLS Cup. The only one that might've made sense - the 3:30 window - would've been overrun by the LSU/Alabama game. 

MLS improved their playoff system this year but it left them with no real perfect solution for when to schedule their championship game.

spacer.png

43 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

There you have it. Thanks. ABC was never going to bump any of their college football windows for the MLS Cup. The only one that might've made sense - the 3:30 window - would've been overrun by the LSU/Alabama game. 

MLS improved their playoff system this year but it left them with no real perfect solution for when to schedule their championship game.

O fa' sho. And if you want to know how bad it was: I just flew back to Tennessee from California by way of ATL this past Saturday--that darn LSU-Alabama game took over the whole freakin' plane! Like, I couldn't even enjoy my movie because of am of them!

(Side note: credit Delta Air Lines for even offering in-flight entertainment now...thangs done changed since I last worked there in '06--and last flew almost ten years ago.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

19 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

If a story in The Valley Breeze newspaper is to be believed, Brett Johnson and his compatriots at Fortuitous Partners have not only proposed bringing a USL franchise to Pawtucket, RI, but are apparently planning for the team's soccer-specific stadium to be part of a $400 million development in the city.

I'm still bitter about the PawSox nonsense so this news makes me happy, even if McCoy Stadium itself is beyond repair apparently. Even though the club will probably have a stupid name. Still, first time I've ever cared about USL, and Rhode Island/southeastern Massachusetts has such a long history with American soccer that it's nice to see something happening there again.

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

LG G7 camera pic? Funny how they kind of "paint" the pictures from a distance. 

Galaxy S10, clumsily zoomed. I am not a photographer at all, and mostly wanted to capture the moment to text to people.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Galaxy S10, clumsily zoomed. I am not a photographer at all, and mostly wanted to capture the moment to text to people.

No worries, I have a LG G7 and it does that. It's kind of cool too. 

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Home of the Miami Fusion is still home!

At this point I think Inter Miami's become a living soccer joke. Every time they get close to figuring out where they'll play, something happens to blow up in their face. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived