NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

10 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

They’ve always had black white red and blue. 

Untrue.  Also untrue - they've ever been black and white.  Also untrue - their gansta-pandering uniforms make any sense.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Untrue.  Also untrue - they've ever been black and white.  Also untrue - their gansta-pandering uniforms make any sense.

I never said the clippers have been just black and white. I said they’ve had black white along with red and blue. (And I correct, they’ve never always had it but they’ve had it for a long time now) so color palette wise the new jerseys are nothing new other than the balance of colors and wordmark. Like I said the clippers have made their brand all about that gangster motif lately. And if that’s what they fully intend to do then it makes sense to them. Had they kept their more traditional red and blue branding then yes those new jerseys wouldn’t make sense at all. But these new jerseys fit into their criteria of branding even if they physically don’t belong to the city* they’re trying to represent. (Which they’ve never directly said they did it’s just been a fan perception.) Sorry if I’m writing too much I just like talking about this. 

IMG-7122.gif

4 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

But these new jerseys fit into their criteria of branding even if they physically don’t belong to the team they’re trying to represent. 

elaborate

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

elaborate

The clippers we’ve seen lately have focused all their branding towards the black and white a lot more recently. You can check out all their social media pages. Their layouts are all in that black and white street design. They’ve completely redesigned their court to match accordingly and made an alternate court which further emphasizes that gangster motif 

IMG-7122.gif

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I believe I, and others, made the point months ago that the Clippers have never been Compton's "team," and that any attempt to claim the Lakers/Clippers dynamic has been about "Hollywood vs Compton" is engaging in revisionism. The Clippers were never what they've been trying to present themselves as. 

Hence why I said Hollywood vs Compton sounds messed up. When I said “Hollywood vs Compton” I simply meant it theme wise and not physically wise. They’re obviously the teams of downtown LA. But you can’t deny that the lakers are the bigger celebrity stars of LA. Especially in the past. And what do celebrity stars associate with? Hollywood. They even have those Hollywood Star inspired designs on those jerseys. There’s no doubt they can represent anywhere in LA because theyre the main team. As for the clippers they’re the lowkey and smaller counterpart. Which is why they had to push and market their team extra hard in this kind of way and rather force this “Compton” theme regardless if it works or not to us fans. It was simply a figurative term. 

To me it makes sense because it all goes down to a highkey team vs a lowkey team And that’s what Hollywood and Compton personally reminds me of

IMG-7122.gif

3 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

To me it makes sense because it all goes down to a highkey team vs a lowkey team And that’s what Hollywood and Compton personally reminds me of

The problem is that the Clippers were irrelevant for so long that both "Hollywood" and "Compton" rooted for the Lakers. 

The Clippers are trying to be something they're not and never were. 

3 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

The clippers are like that kid that was a nerd the first 3 years of high school, then all of a sudden is trying to be gangsta now.

Bud-Bundy-Married-with-Children-David-Fa

hqdefault.jpg 

17 hours ago, cwilz305 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I really don't like the whole "new year, new unis" way Nike has been running the NBA. If a team likes a City/State/Pride/Whatever uniform, they should be allowed to keep it until they don't anymore. but I guess that would screw up all the merchandising money Nike and the NBA would be getting 🙄

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Bud-Bundy-Married-with-Children-David-Fa

hqdefault.jpg 

Absolutely.

Except Bud was actually cool (for a short while)

These Clipper bozos will never be that.

Not with this guy around 

spacer.png

Hey !? 

Maybe that photo will give them inspiration/transpiration  for a new uniform

10 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

The clippers we’ve seen lately have focused all their branding towards the black and white a lot more recently. You can check out all their social media pages. Their layouts are all in that black and white street design. They’ve completely redesigned their court to match accordingly and made an alternate court which further emphasizes that gangster motif 

So they think they are the Nets of the West?

spacer.png

3 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

I really don't like the whole "new year, new unis" way Nike has been running the NBA. If a team likes a City/State/Pride/Whatever uniform, they should be allowed to keep it until they don't anymore. but I guess that would screw up all the merchandising money Nike and the NBA would be getting 🙄

You mean like how Utah and San Antonio kept theirs?

Absolutely gorgeous matchup in Charlotte. It’s so perfect because the orange thunder jerseys didn’t feel out of place because of the orange basketball on charlottes court. But they were still clearly an away team. Even better that it was a fun game too

IMG-7122.gif

The thunder hornets game was pretty good. That purple throwback is great. The heat pacers game wasn’t as good unfortunately. Not a big fan of either of the jerseys, Indiana needs a good yellow alt and Miami needs to stick to red and black.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived