kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

Recommended Posts

On 1/5/2020 at 4:00 PM, pelicanfan said:

I honestly think they look nice. Other then the fact that trimming is really iffy with these jerseys like how they’re cut halfway through for arm holes. But I much prefer their “canvas” over the saggy or silky material we’ve seen in the past

I actually miss the dazzle fabric. It looked good on some teams. But yeah, the weird armholes are the only huge problem with the Nike jerseys. I'm surprised they haven't taken the opportunity to fix them yet for more jersey sales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NBA merch fits right in with Nike's philosophy for most things they do -- a very nice and high-tech expensive line, and a very cheapo discount line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 76ers/Thunder game last night looked great! Nice contrast between the Sixers' dark blue and the Thunder's orange and light blue.

Image result for 76ers

Image result for 76ers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those orange OKC jerseys just make me sad in remembering how much better the navy versions were. Discarded for no good reason!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as orange sets are concerned, OKC's look okay. I like the use of that color on uniforms in general. Best orange set to me is the Knicks alternate from a few years ago. And that's only because the Suns continue to find ways to botch their use of that color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Digby said:

The NBA merch fits right in with Nike's philosophy for most things they do -- a very nice and high-tech expensive line, and a very cheapo discount line.

I actually think their replica "cheap" line is waaaay better quality than adidas. I mean the replica adidas jerseys didn't even have the same side stripes as the actual jerseys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Satomiblood said:

As far as orange sets are concerned, OKC's look okay. I like the use of that color on uniforms in general. Best orange set to me is the Knicks alternate from a few years ago. And that's only because the Suns continue to find ways to botch their use of that color.

 

OKC's look okay but I think it's the worst of the now-three orange jerseys they've had in the past decade. Too many light colors at once, I think it needs the old navy to provide balance. (Agree on the Suns, though I've always liked their purple or black bases anyway.)

 

pzAao2g.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the vibrant colors of the current one, it also fits better with the current association/icon what ever the regular blue one is called.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pyromania1983 said:

The 76ers/Thunder game last night looked great! Nice contrast between the Sixers' dark blue and the Thunder's orange and light blue.

Image result for 76ers

Image result for 76ers

One thing I will say as a Sixers fan, and not sure if you guys feel like this should be the case, but Philly shouldn't wear bland white accessories with their blue uniforms. They were wearing blue accessories, but those make it look like a blue bodysuit. They use the contrasting blue with both their red and their cream uniforms, so I think red should be a fix for the blue. Maybe brighten the red just a tad from the photoshop. Any thoughts?

phnbUkC.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was nice to see the Lakers wearing gold at home against a road team in their dark uniforms.

 

However, this is the first I've seen of the Knicks this season and their set is pretty bad. It's just dull and lifeless and has no connection to the glory years of the Knicks outside of general uniform colors. P.U.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Digby said:

 

OKC's look okay but I think it's the worst of the now-three orange jerseys they've had in the past decade. Too many light colors at once, I think it needs the old navy to provide balance. (Agree on the Suns, though I've always liked their purple or black bases anyway.)

 

pzAao2g.jpg

 

Looking at the three of them together, I have to say that the current set is way better. The orange is brighter (not lifeless like the first - although I wonder if that's just the photo muting the actual color) and the light blue really pops. That blue also works since it's a match to their primary color. I'd take that over the use of navy any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The current orange okc jerseys are the best ones they’ve had yet. And to me one of the best orange jerseys in a while. That second one was a let down doing just navy and orange it looked terrible. At least the first one had white contrast. The latest one has a really vibrant creamsicle like color to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DG_Now said:

It was nice to see the Lakers wearing gold at home against a road team in their dark uniforms.

 

However, this is the first I've seen of the Knicks this season and their set is pretty bad. It's just dull and lifeless and has no connection to the glory years of the Knicks outside of general uniform colors. P.U.

They haven’t thrown any real effort in their alternatives outside of the “Firefighter” set they had a while back. They haven’t done anything with orange uniforms since all those years ago when they lost every game in them. 
Their current set are as unappealing as the actual team itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Pyromania1983 said:

One thing I will say as a Sixers fan, and not sure if you guys feel like this should be the case, but Philly shouldn't wear bland white accessories with their blue uniforms. They were wearing blue accessories, but those make it look like a blue bodysuit. They use the contrasting blue with both their red and their cream uniforms, so I think red should be a fix for the blue. Maybe brighten the red just a tad from the photoshop. Any thoughts?

phnbUkC.jpg

Too unbalanced. The accessories make a big block of red, while there’s barely any red on the uniform itself. I like the white, it still contrasts but doesn’t look out of place due to the large amount of white on the jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im of the opinion that it should be black for all colored jerseys and white for all white jerseys 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do agree that accessories should be black for colored jerseys but not all of them. Black accessories would look really nice with teams with the color black but i think they’ll look weird with jerseys that don’t have any black 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 7:32 PM, Pyromania1983 said:

One thing I will say as a Sixers fan, and not sure if you guys feel like this should be the case, but Philly shouldn't wear bland white accessories with their blue uniforms. They were wearing blue accessories, but those make it look like a blue bodysuit. They use the contrasting blue with both their red and their cream uniforms, so I think red should be a fix for the blue. Maybe brighten the red just a tad from the photoshop. Any thoughts?

phnbUkC.jpg

Honestly the blue they were wearing earlier was perfectly fine. If they're getting sick of all blue, wear white at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 9:41 AM, Lights Out said:

I actually miss the dazzle fabric. It looked good on some teams. 

 

OKC's debuting their City Edition uniform tonight that features dazzle fabric on the side panels:

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have really liked to see the thunder wear their regular uniform for old times sakes with Russ’s return 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.