NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

3 hours ago, axiom20xx said:

let's be honest. how much do "casual" fans even matter anymore?

Considering the majority are casual fans I’d say a lot. It’s really only the people here And a few of the die yards that are able to identify every jersey teams wear.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve never noticed this until now but something that has bothered me SO much about the pacers city edition uniforms is how the stripe is separated by the belt. 
1188982756.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560
Only picture I could find but in game and up close the white is a pretty big separation and it just kills the uniforms for me

GettyImages-916818854-1-1024x683.jpg

same thing happened to the ones from before but they’re a bit more acceptable because it’s not as noticeable as a 2 inch white space 

IMG-7122.gif

7 hours ago, dont care said:

Considering the majority are casual fans I’d say a lot. It’s really only the people here And a few of the die yards that are able to identify every jersey teams wear.

I think my point is, that casual fans won't stop watching because of all these new uniforms. they'll look at them and be like, those are stupid, and keep watching.

Black Patches Added to All NBA Jerseys for David Stern

January 3, 2020 - 22:25 PM

The NBA today announced that every team will wear a memorial black bar on their jerseys for the remainder of the 2019-20 season. This black patch is being added in memory of former commissioner David Stern who died Wednesday at […]

Read More...

I'd love for the NBA to rethink or redo the way they do memorial badges, etc., especially how that the space they used to do on is taken by ads. I hate the black stripe. Why not something else? Or somewhere else?

In particularly with the Stern memorial, I feel like they should have done something on the back neckline alongside the NBA logo.

What else could you do on a basketball uniform?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

20 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

I’ve never noticed this until now but something that has bothered me SO much about the pacers city edition uniforms is how the stripe is separated by the belt. 
1188982756.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560
Only picture I could find but in game and up close the white is a pretty big separation and it just kills the uniforms for me

GettyImages-916818854-1-1024x683.jpg

same thing happened to the ones from before but they’re a bit more acceptable because it’s not as noticeable as a 2 inch white space 

wow you people are petty as hell. That’s so minuscule.

the white one on top is 🔥😍

15 hours ago, kimball said:

I'd love for the NBA to rethink or redo the way they do memorial badges, etc., especially how that the space they used to do on is taken by ads. I hate the black stripe. Why not something else? Or somewhere else?

In particularly with the Stern memorial, I feel like they should have done something on the back neckline alongside the NBA logo.

What else could you do on a basketball uniform?

The Pistons back in 2009 had a memorial patch for their previous owner, Bill Davidson, on the back collar of their jerseys.

unispng-89db48df293056ca_medium.png

It was intended to be permanent but only lasted for a season or two if memory serves, I believe until the team was sold to Tom Gores in 2011. I guess long term the league would have made them remove it anyway with the implementation of the gold championship patches on the rear collars.

https://www.mlive.com/fullcourtpress/2009/10/mr_d_will_be_a_permanent_part.html

On 12/26/2019 at 9:07 PM, Chawls said:

If the collar and arm holes (?) had the same tricolor as the chest, then I’d like this more. 

so much better than the black and white. San Antonio used to have a branding scheme and they ditched it lol. too cartoony people say but i will forever love this look

IMMMMMM BBBBBAAAAACCCCKKK!!!!!!!! Sorry for not being on the boards since last year, got caught up

To answer your question,

On 1/3/2020 at 12:53 PM, JPDesign said:

Did any teams have the black stripe on their jerseys last night? I didn't notice any yet.

the LAL/NOP gam had black stripes 

spacer.png

6 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Interesting matchup with the suns and knicks too. 
maxresdefault.jpg

essentially nothing is wrong with the matchup but for some reason that Knicks blue looked weird on the suns court 

The quality of Nike's NBA jerseys template come really...cheap (and sterile). 

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

7 hours ago, jus2damcrazey219 said:

The quality of Nike's NBA jerseys template come really...cheap (and sterile). 

I honestly think they look nice. Other then the fact that trimming is really iffy with these jerseys like how they’re cut halfway through for arm holes. But I much prefer their “canvas” over the saggy or silky material we’ve seen in the past

IMG-7122.gif

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

I honestly think they look nice. Other then the fact that trimming is really iffy with these jerseys like how they’re cut halfway through for arm holes. But I much prefer their “canvas” over the saggy or silky material we’ve seen in the past

I've definitely come to like the material but miss the properly done arm trip and side paneling, rather than the overlay of the paneling cutting off the arm trim and the Nike arm mobility cut.

3 hours ago, Tru3 said:

I've definitely come to like the material but miss the properly done arm trip and side paneling, rather than the overlay of the paneling cutting off the arm trim and the Nike arm mobility cut.

The material is definitely a big step up from the Adidas Rev 30. The tiny holes in the fabric always struck me as more akin to something a cash-strapped high school athletic department would bulk order from an Eastbay catalog than something that belonged on an authentic jersey in a professional sports league.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:10 PM, projectjohn said:

The material is definitely a big step up from the Adidas Rev 30. The tiny holes in the fabric always struck me as more akin to something a cash-strapped high school athletic department would bulk order from an Eastbay catalog than something that belonged on an authentic jersey in a professional sports league.

I got a Nike Ben Simmons jersey for Christmas with the authentic material. In my opinion, it is definitely the best fabric quality I have seen used for a basketball jersey. Breathable and lightweight, and the difference from the Adidas jersey fabric is certainly noticeable (and better).

Archived