NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I like the color, but why the hell does SAINT have a dot after it?

Haha yea when designing it it originally said St. but I thought it was too short so I moved the t and the period back and added the ain in between and left the period by accident 

IMG-7122.gif

On 11/28/2019 at 2:07 PM, upperV03 said:

@Conrad., are these warmup jackets and pants that the Raptors and Warriors wore last night with their City uniforms the special Earned Edition warmups?

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

All of the teams have the special City Edition shooting shirts, but the jackets and pants are something we haven’t seen before, so it would make sense that those would be the Earned Edition warmups for last season’s playoff teams.

I think I found the Nets Earned jacket:

getty-images-1185488257.jpg

40 minutes ago, Digby said:

The shade of red the Heat use is so nice ... especially contrasted up against highly-saturated jerseys like that Philly blue one. That red jersey is perfect and why I can't understand the "go Vice full time" bandwagon at all.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Heat's colors.

Miami Vice is cool, but it's a fad. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 hours ago, Digby said:

The shade of red the Heat use is so nice ... especially contrasted up against highly-saturated jerseys like that Philly blue one. That red jersey is perfect and why I can't understand the "go Vice full time" bandwagon at all.

It is nice and it's a good look. But it's also associated very much with Dwyane Wade. I think it would have been a nice and natural transition from the Wade era to the next era to use the vaporwave colors.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

What if the Heat just use the Vice uniforms but with the main team colors and also adding orange back into the mix? I think that would be nice.

With the rate at which new jerseys are churned out, I feel like it's just a matter of time before this happens.  There will come a time when the Vice colors become stale or their novelty has worn off, and recoloring them with the main team colors will be the next short-lived gimmick to say "look at me" and make some money.

I feel like any somewhat reasonable "what if" is practically just bound to happen at this point.  It basically HAS to, until the NBA comes to its senses and stops making so many different new jerseys every freaking season.

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

What if the Heat just use the Vice uniforms but with the main team colors and also adding orange back into the mix? I think that would be nice.

Use the Miami Arena script (they should have used it all along) and save the rest of the Heat identity, which has served them well before, during, and after their golden age.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

Use the Miami Arena script (they should have used it all along) and save the rest of the Heat identity, which has served them well before, during, and after their golden age.

I can deal with that but I gotta see the original Heat logo come back.

5569.gif

bSLCtu2.png

18 hours ago, DG_Now said:

It is nice and it's a good look. But it's also associated very much with Dwyane Wade. I think it would have been a nice and natural transition from the Wade era to the next era to use the vaporwave colors.

I don’t think it’s bad for a team to be associated with 3 championships, an all time great who played almost his entire career with one team, a player that might be the GOAT, and an all time great team. And the current Heat look is just an update on the original, so they’ve had the broad strokes of the same colors and brand for almost 30 years. Only teams that haven’t found their lasting look need to define eras and substantially change their colors. The Heat came out of the gate with solid uniforms, updated them in a manner that didn’t just chase fads, and they’ve had tremendous success with their current look. No one thinks that the Lakers should have switched to gold and black after Magic retired because the purple and gold was associated with Showtime

07Giants.pngnyy.png

On 12/18/2019 at 3:40 PM, Pyromania1983 said:

Philly and Miami set to play a BEAUTIFUL color-on-color matchup tonight. Great contrast between the blue (Sixers) and the red (Heat). Will post pics after game!

Image result for joel embiid 76ers

Image result for bam adebayo heat

And it was a very beautiful matchup! 76ers' "road" Blues vs. Miami "Alt." Red.

To note: Before Nike, these Miami reds were considered playoff red on the road. So its nice (for me as a fan, at least) to see the Heat wear their reds more often.

Also, looking at the Sixers, I wish they went with white compression gear to further contrast the Heat's Black compression gear but still, great use of colors for both teams! (both teams were on brand)

Archived