NBA Changes 2019-20

kolob

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically all they did was change the blue key to black. Because the pinstripes are not even noticeable when watching the game. I really don’t see why they would go through all those processes of changing the court just for the key to be a different color. Change the logo/the wordmark just something more to compliment the jerseys better.

IMG-7122.gif

11 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

So basically all they did was change the blue key to black. Because the pinstripes are not even noticeable when watching the game. I really don’t see why they would go through all those processes of changing the court just for the key to be a different color. Change the logo/the wordmark just something more to compliment the jerseys more. 

I think all 3-4 designs the Magic have this year for their courts are just that -- interchangeable -- there's no second court.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

9 hours ago, kimball said:

I think all 3-4 designs the Magic have this year for their courts are just that -- interchangeable -- there's no second court.

Yes. But I believe it’s a long process because they still have to undo the court piece of by piece and put it all back together again each time

IMG-7122.gif

I have a 55-inch OLED TV and I can't tell what the Celtics numbers are from the normal camera view.

Their uniform is bad.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

For this game in Mexico I really would have loved to see a court using Mexico flag colors and Mexican inspired designs somewhere. Would have really pushed that marketing for them. But I get the “brandless” red and blue court for games like this. Just makes it look like the pistons are the home team in terms of colors 

IMG-7122.gif

On 12/12/2019 at 12:52 AM, Shadojoker said:

Orlando Magic introducing their Pinstripe home court tonight. (Source: Orlando Magic Official Twitter account)

Tried to watch their game against the Lakers. impossible with the  lights flashing and reflecting  in the shiny court.

what garbage, no team uses matte surface?

1 hour ago, skip88 said:

Tried to watch their game against the Lakers. impossible with the  lights flashing and reflecting  in the shiny court.

How did it bother you in this game? It's been like this in alot of arenas over the last 10-15 years.

Also, that Celtics City jersey needs to just not be worn because the number font is god awful. It barely manages to be readable.

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, skip88 said:

It’s kept shiny and polished to have the best surface for grip on their sneakers. 

13 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I have a 55-inch OLED TV and I can't tell what the Celtics numbers are from the normal camera view.

Their uniform is bad.

I really like the idea behind the uniform, I've even made concepts in the past that are similar to it, but yes, the execution is poor.

The main issue is the number font they chose. It's way too thin, it's unreadable in anything other than close-ups. Some of the numbers look utterly ridiculous, like Jaylen Brown's #7:

spacer.png

They also could have chosen a better-looking uncial font for the wordmark, but that's nowhere near as much of an issue as the number font.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

3 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

There should never be such a thing as a bad Sixers-Celtics uniform match-up, but here we are.

And just to be clear, it's not because of the Sixers (obvious bias by me but still). The past few seasons, this Celtics city uni, and their gray statement from a few years ago, have been underwhelming for their identity as a whole. Celtics should never change. Sixers made the right move going back to a throwback-style set.

42 minutes ago, Pyromania1983 said:

And just to be clear, it's not because of the Sixers (obvious bias by me but still). The past few seasons, this Celtics city uni, and their gray statement from a few years ago, have been underwhelming for their identity as a whole. Celtics should never change. Sixers made the right move going back to a throwback-style set.

I would've preferred their road blues, but at least they looked good last night. The Boston set is "okay" to me. I mean, if I can tolerate Dallas' goofy graffiti set, I almost have to give this one a free pass, right? It's still a relatively clean uniform with the main issues being the font style and issues of legibility. Switch out the font and I think people would take less umbrage with it. But that font style, as cliché as it might be, fits the theme.

I don't know. It might sound weird, but the black set actually looks better by comparison. It's nowhere close to being the worst match-up I've ever seen, but I expect better when these two teams play each other. Part of my disappointment stems from the Celtics wearing green at home, so there's a chance this would not have bothered me had the game taken place in Philly.

Archived