NBA Changes 2019-20

kolob

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Pengin. said:

I'm not a fan of the Sixer's classic. And I am definitely not a fan of the Nuggets' redesign. Their city jersey, despite the use of black, is their best jersey. 

I'm looking at it more as an all-around rating. The Sixers and Nuggets aren't even close to being among the worst offenders. A few of those uniforms aren't perfect, but they're much more sensible compared to what other teams have trotted out this year.

lol I hate you people on here. I LOVE all these funky variety of jerseys. I think its essential to have a classic home and away and have multiple other alternates. I love that when I turn on the TV Im treated to some crazy random visuals. I watch sports for the competition but I also love the aesthetics. Why are we even on this board if we are going to complain about having multiple looks?

48 minutes ago, andregunts said:

lol I hate you people on here. I LOVE all these funky variety of jerseys. I think its essential to have a classic home and away and have multiple other alternates. I love that when I turn on the TV Im treated to some crazy random visuals. I watch sports for the competition but I also love the aesthetics. Why are we even on this board if we are going to complain about having multiple looks?

Quality trumps quantity.

14 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

The Jazz city uniform while not bad is part of Nike’s ridiculousness. Gradient, and Non-team colors, I hated it when it first came out, I still wish it would be replaced with the green uniform they had when they first rebranded. 
The gold uniform also needs a wordmark and not just the J-note logo.

Utah could have the leagues best set but these two alts severely hinder it.

You were applauding Memphis for standing up to Nike by not using a city jersey, well the Jazz have been standing up to Nike for years. They've kept the same statement and city jerseys for three years while most everybody else has changed both of them every year. 

Then there's this from the original release of the city jerseys:

"The Nike NBA City Edition uniforms represent insights and emotion from the court to the upper deck to the cities’ streets, in pursuit of a unique way to capture each team and its city"

It's the UTAH Jazz, not Salt Lake Jazz or Provo Jazz. So they have an opportunity that most teams don't, an entire state to draw inspiration from for their "city", the Jazz went outside the box. Yeah, the jersey isn't in team colors, but it's unique and represents a region of the state of Utah. It's also probably the most popular part of the state for visitors. 

I also wasn't a fan of them when they were revealed, but they have grown on me, and no other team has anything like them. You would immediately know at least one team playing if you tuned in, unlike the others who have changed so many times you can't keep them straight. In a league full of black, grey, red or blue alternates, the Jazz city jersey stands out.

16 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I think your missing the grizzlies, no outrageous city, a good throwback, they seem like the only team with the guts to stand against Nike’s ridiculousness.

I just think that the Grizzlies' primaries are just pretty bland. I love their fun alternate and throwback jerseys. 

On 12/4/2019 at 10:59 PM, Digby said:

I think making the sleeve jerseys the in-game jerseys actually backfired in terms of selling them to fans. Just make replica soccer jersey type shirts, but in the usual team styles, and I bet they would have sold better to the no-tank-top crowd. In fact I feel like fanatics or Nike even does that now, just for women’s cuts?

i realize there’s a premium to be charged for the on-court product... but medium margins on a decent item are better than big margins on a laughingstock. And regular designs probably would have helped more than the garbage dumb ugly designs they were mostly cranking out on the sleeve template.

(I’m also skeptical that tank tops don’t sell well because people don’t want to wear them. I see people who shouldn’t wear jerseys wearing them anyway more than I’d like, but that might just be living amongst Boston bro’s.)

Non tank top wearers could always wear a shirt under the jersey too. I wear tank tops on occasion in the summer, depending on the heat, but I generally prefer not to, but I'd 1000% wear the regular jersey with an undershirt before I wore any of those sleeved abominations. And in most cities the only tank top weather you're getting during the season anyway really is in the Finals.

14 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

b87Juo3.png

Agree for the most part. Except POR's and PHI's are both solid if unspectacular and for some reason beyond all good taste I like Dallas' too.

And if Toronto must have an OVO Drake uniform, I don't mind what they came up with.

1 hour ago, Haz_Matt said:

You were applauding Memphis for standing up to Nike by not using a city jersey, well the Jazz have been standing up to Nike for years. They've kept the same statement and city jerseys for three years while most everybody else has changed both of them every year. 

Then there's this from the original release of the city jerseys:

"The Nike NBA City Edition uniforms represent insights and emotion from the court to the upper deck to the cities’ streets, in pursuit of a unique way to capture each team and its city"

It's the UTAH Jazz, not Salt Lake Jazz or Provo Jazz. So they have an opportunity that most teams don't, an entire state to draw inspiration from for their "city", the Jazz went outside the box. Yeah, the jersey isn't in team colors, but it's unique and represents a region of the state of Utah. It's also probably the most popular part of the state for visitors. 

I also wasn't a fan of them when they were revealed, but they have grown on me, and no other team has anything like them. You would immediately know at least one team playing if you tuned in, unlike the others who have changed so many times you can't keep them straight. In a league full of black, grey, red or blue alternates, the Jazz city jersey stands out.

I was more applauding Memphis for their reasonable alts. Now yes while I’m grateful, as everyone else should be, that Utah hasn’t fallen for the “new uniforms every year” trope. They still have some really bad alts, some designed by Nike that follow their trend of bypassing team colors and traditional designs for fire emoji esq. designs that are obviously designed to be a one year fad rather than a proper uniform. Memphis has more traditional alts that make good use of team colors, on top of them not even having a city uniform this year.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

35 minutes ago, VikWings said:

Agree for the most part. Except POR's and PHI's are both solid if unspectacular and for some reason beyond all good taste I like Dallas' too.

I’d say Portland’s absolutely is spectacular, and one of, if not the best of this year’s City edition collection. As a Blazers fan I wish it could be a full time alt, as it’s the best ‘Rip City’ uniform they’ve had and also pays homage to their original uniforms.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

Instead of just adding jersey and jersey for each time, just overhaul the necessary teams (ie; Sacramento and Miami). Out of all the jersey nike outfitted,only a few were really  unique, Utah Sunset Jersey and Milwaukee's Earned/Playoff sets. 

Uhh, what's wrong with sac? Other than the nike template :censored:ing up striping.

7 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

The only noteworthy earned jersey 10 years from now will be this set because they (for some reason) decided to win a championship in it,spacer.png

But, is it still as bad as this?

nba-finals-lebron-james-kyrie-irving-cle 

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived