NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Haz_Matt said:

You couldn't read: CHI 73

SAC 58 

Both scorebugs are red and both teams are red. And the home team is in red (even though their colors are purple and black) and the road team is in white.

I know who the Kings and Bulls are. I also know Nike has added unneeded complexity to what used to be elegant.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

19 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Both scorebugs are red and both teams are red. And the home team is in red (even though their colors are purple and black) and the road team is in white.

I know who the Kings and Bulls are. I also know Nike has added unneeded complexity to what used to be elegant.

i agree 100% that the Kings wearing red is a HORRIBLE idea. when have they EVER had a red jersey? it was only a small trim if it was used

Much like soccer, just give me a little box next to the team names where it shows you the uniform combination color on the score bug. And they can wear a different color every game. 

spacer.png

The colored backdrops and banners these tv networks use now may be teams “base” or primary colors but these uniform combos need to have these graphic packages updated

if a team is wearing aqua and nothing else in the score bug is aqua, you’d think they would fix it. 

5 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Why would the Kings wear a red uniform against a primarily red team? The teams need to figure out a better schedule for these uniforms. Keep that uniform for a game against Boston or the Knicks, who don't have any red in their uniforms at all.

1 hour ago, jmac11281 said:

Why would the Kings wear a red uniform against a primarily red team? The teams need to figure out a better schedule for these uniforms. Keep that uniform for a game against Boston or the Knicks, who don't have any red in their uniforms at all.

The teams don't control the jersey schedule. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

And it doesn't help that Nike's taste and logic are garbage. Other than the sleeved sets, I still can't believe people were that down on Adidas and begging Nike to save the league.

I was definitely a lot more hopeful remembering the great job Nike did for 8 teams back in the late ‘90s and early ‘00s, but they’ve been a disappointment now for sure. I do prefer their jersey material to the Adidas Rev30 for whatever that’s worth.

5 minutes ago, andregunts said:

I think this is to preview that we will start getting secondary ad patches on jerseys going forward

Thats the only reason I can think of why they added the "Rockets patch" under the swoosh

spacer.png

I read that the "Rockets" nameplate under the Nike logo was only meant to homage an astronaut suit or something to that effect.

3 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

And it doesn't help that Nike's taste and logic are garbage. Other than the sleeved sets, I still can't believe people were that down on Adidas and begging Nike to save the league.

People forget how bad things got with Adidas in the last few years. And the sleeved jerseys are too big a blunder to be handwaved away. I'll gladly take Nike's experiments over this:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The one thing I liked ... was that most of the Pride Jerseys (though they were sleeved) played out like a City Jersey but in team colors.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

33 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

People forget how bad things got with Adidas in the last few years. And the sleeved jerseys are too big a blunder to be handwaved away. I'll gladly take Nike's experiments over this:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

No, I haven't forgotten that the sleeved jerseys were mostly bad.

Archived