College Football 2019

29texan

Maryland Terrapins Unveil Throwback Football Uniforms For Homecoming Game

August 13, 2019 - 16:21 PM

The University of Maryland will pay homage to the teams of the 1980s with throwback uniforms that will be worn for the Terrapins’ homecoming game against Michigan on Nov. 2. The all-red throwback uniforms feature the iconic Script Terps, which […]

Read More...

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the spirit of the throwback (and the Terps script on the red helmet is pretty sweet), but the number font is off, and they should have gone with the Boomer-era split stripes on the helmet. Overall it's a good look that should come back, as the state-flag helmet is past its prime. 

boomer-esiason-of-the-university-of-mary

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Notre Dame Fighting Irish To Celebrate 1988 National Championship With Throwback Uniforms

August 13, 2019 - 16:50 PM

As a way to commemorate the 150th anniversary of college football’s first game, Under Armour on Tuesday afternoon released throwback uniforms for several of its marquee programs that references a key moment in team history. “We saw an opportunity to […]

Read More...

17 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I like the spirit of the throwback (and the Terps script on the red helmet is pretty sweet), but the number font is off, and they should have gone with the Boomer-era split stripes on the helmet. Overall it's a good look that should come back, as the state-flag helmet is past its prime. 

boomer-esiason-of-the-university-of-mary

I will second this for the most part.

I'm not sure it needs to be the full time look since the stripes don't fit well on modern templates.  However, I would certainly be fine with ditching the state flag helmets.

I think the current M logo would look really good on  the helmets (maybe red on a black shell, white or a red shell or red on a white shell), with the flag stripe down the middle..

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

18 minutes ago, natolian10 said:

Here's Wisconsin throwbacks. Gotta say not bad and as a Badger fan I really like them. I could do without the brown pants but overall a really solid look.

Not a fan...very boring and very basic. 

This is a better throwback look, IMO (and one of the best throwbacks in CFB, period): 

50200721d920b.preview-1024.jpg?resize=10\\

Though it would have been way out of the box and great if UA said "let's get crazy" and use this:

502007eb0c785.preview-1024.jpg?resize=10

55 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

It's like they didn't even bother to look at the 88 uniforms. Numbers are not even close, ND logos are wrong, and no alternate helmet with the old spray-painted finish. At least the pants color is similar enough?

Under Armour really phoned it in this year.

spacer.png

Boston College going with the 80s throwbacks, like they have for the last couple of years. These are fantastic...except for that number font...

33 minutes ago, EvanAllMighty4 said:

They're not perfect, but as a Gamecock fan, I really like the look. Helps SCAR stand out amongst the rest of the red schools in the SEC and would make for a solid full-time look. 

spacer.png

They got the pants to match the Sterling Sharpe/Todd Ellis set but I wish they would've used the actual, overly detailed throwback helmet striping shown above. I'm happy for the white circle and logo to certain to the garnet helmet in place of the script "Carolina." 

These Cincinnati throwbacks are pretty good...the jerseys are nice but the helmet stripes should have mirrored the thickness of the jersey stripes...and I kinda wish they could have used a logo on the helmet. 

Hats off to Under Armour, I'm a big fan of most of these throwback looks.  Now to be fair, all they really had to do was choose a decent throwback and not screw it up.  But kudos to them for not screwing it up. 

I'm a sucker for the meshy looking number bit.  Great way to nod back to the oldschool mesh material jerseys.  

90758391980.gif

Northwestern Wildcats, Wisconsin Badgers Reveal Fauxback Football Uniforms

August 13, 2019 - 17:50 PM

As part of Under Armour’s “School Heritage” line, Northwestern and Wisconsin on Tuesday afternoon unveiled fauxback uniforms for their matchup in Madison on Sept. 28. Both teams will be outfitted in brand new designs that are meant to mimic the […]

Read More...

3 minutes ago, EvanAllMighty4 said:

spacer.png

My quick/rough mockup of the SCAR throwbacks. Again, I'd love to see them adopt this look permanently. With so many red teams in the SEC, this could help them stand out amongst the crowd. Plus, I love the retro Falcons look, and this is very similar to that. 

Nice, but the collar on your mock-up is all black, whereas the Twitter video reveal shows a white-red-white striped pattern on the collar. 

Utah's throwback is nothing exciting...which kind of matches their awful reveal video...

This number font looks to be closer to the old Champion font that they wouldn't do for Notre Dame and Maryland though...which is weird.

Kind of interesting the 150 patch is on the left shoulder, whereas most other jerseys we've seen have it on the right.

The best part of these across the board is the mesh number detail that makes them look like throwbacks. That being said, most are pretty underwhelming IMO. Not a lot of accurate detailing. Best one has to be SC for the white circle logo. A lot of these just feel way too 'safe' for me to praise them. 

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

Archived