College Football 2019

29texan

This new Oregon set really strikes a good balance between a modern and traditional look; no crazy wings or diamond stitching on any part of the jersey, just a simple "number stripe" as well as the shoulder line. I'm really glad they fixed the oversized numbers from last year and apart from the yellow jersey with the black numbers, everything else should mix and match just fine

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really feels like they are simply out of ideas. There is nothing remotely interesting about what they are doing. It's all pretty boring. Last year's set was boring enough and they've managed to tone that down even further.  

I like the inline on the numbers but the number font still doesn't feel like Oregon to me. In fact I cannot stand it. The mesh feels shoehorned (see what I did there?) to make this seem more vintage/traditional than it actually is. The weird line on the shoulder doesn't make any sense. 

The green set is basically a watered-down version of the 2015 Rose Bowl set. In other words, a downgrade from a uniform they wore nearly 5 years ago. 

Rose-Bowl-62-of-55.jpg?x71162

The shade and finish of the green helmet doesn't look right. The color of the green wings looks good, but the helmet itself looks off compared to the rich kelly uniform. I'd make the helmet that color, and the wings yellow or chrome.

The wings on the yellow helmet need to be chrome or black. The gray simply doesn't work for that helmet unless it's paired with gray pants. The shade of yellow on that uniform feels a bit sickly here too. It has the opposite problem as the green set in that the uniform looks desaturated compared to the helmet. 

Another problem is that you almost have to be very selective about the combinations. The yellow jersey/helmet would clash with anything green. You can only add black/gray pieces, or play as a monochrome banana. For the green set, you can only get away with adding yellow pants, or again, going full monochrome green. There isn't much mixing and matching that would actually work for either set, so they'll likely stick with monochrome looks.

I still prefer the helmets HGI was making for Oregon to whoever is making them now. The wing design, the helmet finishes, etc. have all gone way downhill since HGI stopped making them. 

Overall, it's a decent set and likely an improvement over last year's set. It's just that going simple like this means they need to nail every little detail for it to work. And they didn't do that here. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

And now a better look at the white/dark green set:

I really like this set too, especially with the iridescent numbers. Also interesting that the numbers on this set don’t have the inline and instead have a more pronounced solid outline. This particular dark green/white/dark green combo is very reminiscent of the Ducks’ 2013 Fiesta Bowl combo:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

And now a better look at the white/dark green set:

I really like this set too, especially with the iridescent numbers. Also interesting that the numbers on this set don’t have the inline and instead have a more pronounced solid outline. This particular dark green/white/dark green combo is very reminiscent of the Ducks’ 2013 Fiesta Bowl combo:

The dark green uniforms (home and away) from that era were some of my favorite that Oregon ever wore. The iridescent numbers were unique to Oregon and always looked good to me. Especially with a splash of yellow. 

Getty_Images_-_Tenn_Tech_at_ORE_Celebrat

So, I'm happy to see the return of iridescence. It's a nice way to bring back some of the style they had, while adding some flair to this plain design.

I really liked the previous shade of dark green, but I'm not sure how I feel about this new dark green they went with here though. Is that dark green completely replacing black? Or will we see a black set at some point?

Overall, I must admit I'm much more pleased with the complete set after seeing all of the combinations. This is certainly a step in the right direction. Oddly enough, the two away jerseys are my favorites. Though they could all use some numbers on the sleeve caps or shoulders. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Oregon Ducks Unveil New Uniforms, Nike Vapor Fusion Template

August 17, 2019 - 22:50 PM

There’s no denying Oregon has been at the forefront of Nike’s uniform innovation since 1999, and the Ducks proved it once again on Saturday afternoon with the release of brand new uniforms for the 2019 season. As we first noted […]

Read More...

19 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

I really liked the previous shade of dark green, but I'm not sure how I feel about this new dark green they went with here though. Is that dark green completely replacing black? Or will we see a black set at some point?

Overall, I must admit I'm much more pleased with the complete set after seeing all of the combinations. This is certainly a step in the right direction. Oddly enough, the two away jerseys are my favorites. Though they could all use some numbers on the sleeve caps or shoulders. 

I believe this new dark green is replacing black, unless there’s another special one-off black set like the Jumpman uniforms last year. Last year there were four helmet options (green, yellow, chrome, and black), so to me I’m expecting the dark green helmets (and accompanying jerseys/pants) to replace the black option. And I actually really like the shade of green they went with. It’s kind of like the olive shade they used at times last year with some fan gear and on last year’s white set, but seems to be a bit closer to the old forest green. Kind of a cross between the dark olive and the old forest green, and it looks really sharp combined with the iridescence.

I too am very pleased with the new set after seeing all of the combos unveiled so far. And according to Assistant AD of Marketing and Sales, John Brewer, it sounds like there’s either more to be unveiled or they’re planning to mix and match quite a bit:

IMO there’s a ton of mixing and matching potential with this new set. I’d expect them to trot out several combos other than the ones shown off today.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

So far, I'm much happier with this upgraded set than last season's set as they pretty much fixed all the problems (contrasting nameplate, chest logos, number size) I had with them.  The only thing I didn't get was more shoulder detailing but that's relatively minor at this point.  I like that they incorporated the dark green again in some of the components, including the addition of a dark green helmet.  The white jerseys are the biggest upgrade as they now have multiple components they can be mixed and matched with.  I do hope they include a black uniform (or maybe even just black helmets and/or pants) eventually so that those components can be used with the yellow jersey.

41 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

So far, I'm much happier with this upgraded set than last season's set as they pretty much fixed all the problems (contrasting nameplate, chest logos, number size) I had with them.  The only thing I didn't get was more shoulder detailing but that's relatively minor at this point.  I like that they incorporated the dark green again in some of the components, including the addition of a dark green helmet.  The white jerseys are the biggest upgrade as they now have multiple components they can be mixed and matched with.  I do hope they include a black uniform (or maybe even just black helmets and/or pants) eventually so that those components can be used with the yellow jersey.

I actually think the dark green helmets and pants would work pretty well with the yellow jerseys. The shade of green is dark enough and close enough to black to still look cohesive with the black accents on the yellow jerseys, and would add a subtle splash of green as well. Frankly I kind of wish they just made the accents on the yellow jerseys the dark green instead of black.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Never been a fan of the wings on the shoulders or helmets. I do love the basic O though. For me, it has real staying power. 

It's sad that they've never had a traditional jersey set with their basic O on the helmet. Maybe that 2015 Rose bowl set coming closest or The white set shown a few posts up with white wings is the closest we may see. 

My problem is a lot of these sets have wings that don't translate well to the cameras. Color on color may look cool in person but it looks like a no logo helmet on TV. 

Do fans and the majority love the wings? I can't stand them. 

I'd be happy with this in every color combo possible. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoDucks/status/1157820068220194817

Basic O. No frills. How is their practice gear better than in game stuff ?

I'd say there are a minority of fans who don't like all the changes and would rather have traditional helmets and uniforms.  I think a good majority of fans do like the winged helmets, mainly because they were used during one of the greatest runs for the Ducks.

58 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I'd say there are a minority of fans who don't like all the changes and would rather have traditional helmets and uniforms.  I think a good majority of fans do like the winged helmets, mainly because they were used during one of the greatest runs for the Ducks.

Absolutely. Before the winged helmets were brought back full time last season, a large portion of the fan base was clamoring for them to return. Even now there are a decent amount of fans who want the wings on the jerseys to return as well, though I personally am fine with the more simplistic jersey designs. Overall I think this set is a really nice improvement on last year’s, and a good mix between flashy and modern and more traditional and simplistic.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, Webfooter said:

I like the winged helmets a lot. My thing is I don’t like how these ones are a single color. Having silver wings on the green helmets would do wonders. That or going with the “O” in the accent color for all the helmets

Archived