College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

USF is expected to upgrade their template next year.

Thats all speculation, as it has been speculated the original Adidas agreement was signed by South Florida with too short notice.  This is why the football unis were essentially off the shelf.

27 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Thank goodness TCU is upgrading. This current set got old real quick

If they minimalize frog skin it can be a good upgrade. I don't think they need to toss it completely. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Hope Maryland either gets new helmets, or goes back to the pennant decal helmets. They cleaned up their uniforms this past season by getting rid of the unnecessary black stripes on the shoulders and pants, but those airbrushed flag helmets dragged the whole look down.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Hope Maryland either gets new helmets, or goes back to the pennant decal helmets. They cleaned up their uniforms this past season by getting rid of the unnecessary black stripes on the shoulders and pants, but those airbrushed flag helmets dragged the whole look down.

the airbrushed helmets are cool in their own right, but they not the best full time helmets. once or twice a year is fine but they really need a new helmet. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

17 hours ago, 29texan said:

Because I'm sure just having a TCU only thread wouldn't be as accepted, I decided to just go ahead and get a jump on next season (if that's ok)...

I really hope they downplay the "Frogskin" this time. The Boykin era uniforms were perfect. 

TCU wore the same colors (black over purple) in the Cheeze it Bowl as the Ravens did 3 days ago vs Cleveland.

5 hours ago, msubulldog said:

TCU wore the same colors (black over purple) in the Cheeze it Bowl as the Ravens did 3 days ago vs Cleveland.

True. The black shirts usually come out on special occasions... interesting that they use a black backdrop instead of a purple one. 

It'll be interesting to see the final product. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

On 1/2/2019 at 12:03 PM, WSU151 said:

This is the year Pitt goes throwback full time, right?

It's speculated yes. It's almost a given, I follow the team closely and no official word as of yet. However all the new signage and logos placed among the new facility upgrades are with the "Pittsburgh Gold" and a more royal shade of blue, not as light as the throwback jerseys they have now but not dark navy. 

Official statement should come after basketball season as that's when they will be redoing the floor in the Arena. My guess is they are holding off just due to basketball being a top sport they want to try to still sell as much navy and gold to the fans who don't follow closely. 

I assume its too late for 2019, but here's hoping WVU's new coach brings new uniforms.  They've had the current set for 6(!) seasons!  What, are we trying to make these into classics?  Enough's enough, get us some new threads.  And reminder to the athletic department: we're not the miners.  Sell the shticky number font to UTEP.

90758391980.gif

4 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I assume its too late for 2019, but here's hoping WVU's new coach brings new uniforms.  They've had the current set for 6(!) seasons!  What, are we trying to make these into classics?  Enough's enough, get us some new threads.  And reminder to the athletic department: we're not the miners.  Sell the shticky number font to UTEP.

I may be alone in this, but if I personally wish they still had their previous look.

hi-res-153039814_crop_exact.jpg?w=1200&h

stedman-bailey.png

Pat-White.jpg

Schmitt.jpg

Steve-Slaton-MG-7370.jpg

For me, that was about as disctinctive a look as any in the game--and instantly recognizable as WVU, as well.

One thing in particular I always liked about that set was how the shoulder stripes/side panels kinda made an implied "W" and how each side made an implied "V". That was their thing to own. I still say they should revive those. (But without the gray!!!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 1/2/2019 at 12:19 PM, kabbey520 said:

That was the rumor. I'd love an updated version of it, with red jerseys & pants added. 

And get rid of the red/blue helmets while we're at it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived