MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New black pirates jerseys looks like :censored:, the no white design makes it look very cheap, supermarket, knock off cheap, not like a probably $300+ jersey.

This is very similar to the way the Chicago Bulls have ruined their 3rd classic black alternate uniform, where there always were white in that uniform, with the Nike takeover, that uniform is only black and red new.

And you can’t unsee this. The script itself is so ‘computerized’ centered that they made the S overlap. Decades again, Piits was on the right chest, with a solid break for Burgh. Nothing funky at the opening of the jersey. It reeks of laziness. I can’t get behind this one bit

some stuff can only be done by hand. Or with a bit of care. They saw this as a money grab. 

Move the S over 1-2 inches and it’s all resolved. 

7 minutes ago, MattMill said:

And can Nike do piping/trim correct? It’s tiny and just serves little purpose. Look at that Bonds SI cover. Now that’s some piping that serves a purpose. This is beyond a lateral move. They’re turning into a joke. 

I think it’s the same as it was last year. 

NOT EVERYTHING IS A :censored:ING NIKE CONSPIRACY

3 minutes ago, MattMill said:

And can Nike do piping/trim correct? It’s tiny and just serves little purpose. Look at that Bonds SI cover. Now that’s some piping that serves a purpose. This is beyond a lateral move. They’re turning into a joke. 

The sleeve piping is small because the collar piping is small.  Plus, it matches the home and other black alt.  How is that Nike's fault for keeping each jersey consistent, especially considering you all trashed the hell out of Milwaukee's new uniform set for NOT being consistent.  

3 minutes ago, skip88 said:

New black pirates jerseys looks like :censored:, the no white design makes it look very cheap, supermarket, knock off cheap, not like a probably $300+ jersey.

This is very similar to the way the Chicago Bulls have ruined their 3rd classic black alternate uniform, where there always were white in that uniform, with the Nike takeover, that uniform is only black and red new.

So now jerseys look cheap because they dont have white?  I thought thats what everyone wanted changed xD.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

5 minutes ago, MattMill said:

And you can’t unsee this. The script itself is so ‘computerized’ centered that they made the S overlap. Decades again, Piits was on the right chest, with a solid break for Burgh. Nothing funky at the opening of the jersey. It reeks of laziness. I can’t get behind this one bit

some stuff can only be done by hand. Or with a bit of care. They saw this as a money grab. 

Thats what the Brewers did with their jersey script, and people on this board bashed the hell out of it saying it was off center.  I swear everyone here gets so upset just to get upset...

Just now, MattMill said:

@SFGiants58 They could atleast make it better. Your logo is on the front now. Deal with the complaints. If they had jerseys with bad designs for decades, we’ll all think it’s a nike problem. 

Was anybody really complaining? It’s not like they’re going to make it inconsistent with the rest of the set.

Your posts very much indicated that you were blaming Nike. It’s a theme with you.

It is what it is. I just feel thicker piping (which was on both home and away sets in the Bond days) looks better on that set. But they went with some consistency for their 7-8 uni combos lol. I’ll give them credit there I guess. 

look at that bonds si cover and tell me the arm hole piping doesn’t convey a certain message. The new piping, even if it’s on prior jerseys, just doesn’t serve much of a purpose. 

sorry to rustle so many feathers. I’ll stop blaming Nike. But If Toyota bought a car company known for recalls and put their name on the product, and it’s sucks, who gets the blame? The old designers, or the now proud Toyota? Nike will receive the wrath of hatred, deserved or not.  I don’t hate Nike. I wear their shoes and non professional team apparel. 

1 minute ago, SFGiants58 said:

Was anybody really complaining? It’s not like they’re going to make it inconsistent with the rest of the set.

Your posts very much indicated that you were blaming Nike. It’s a theme with you.

Thats becoming a theme with most of the people on this board.  Put a small ass swoosh on a the front of a jersey like they do with almost every other jersey they make, and all of a sudden that I guess makes every kind of design crap whether the swoosh was there or not?  

Ive said this plenty of times and ill say it again.  People dont hate the uniform designs, they hate Nike.  And its getting REALLY annoying.

1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

The black alt numbers and hats are incredibly bad. What a :censored:ing swing and a miss... I'm honestly surprised these cheap mother:censored: haven't came up with a fourth useless hat to go along the road grays.

Are... are you... okay?

1 minute ago, MattMill said:

It is what it is. I just feel thicker piping (which was on both home and away sets in the Bond days) looks better on that set. But they went with some consistency for their 7-8 uni combos lol. I’ll give them credit there I guess. 

What’s wrong with thin striping? It’s been around for ages and the Pirates look good with it. 

1 minute ago, MattMill said:

look at that bonds si cover and tell me the arm hole piping doesn’t convey a certain message. The new piping, even if it’s on prior jerseys, just doesn’t serve much of a purpose. 

It conveys an ‘80s-‘90s design that’s now outdated.

17 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

The sleeve piping is small because the collar piping is small.  Plus, it matches the home and other black alt.  How is that Nike's fault for keeping each jersey consistent, especially considering you all trashed the hell out of Milwaukee's new uniform set for NOT being consistent.  

So now jerseys look cheap because they dont have white?  I thought thats what everyone wanted changed xD.

Your sweet bulls uni

spacer.png

And you got your crap mismatched  new Nike Unis

spacer.png

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

Thats what the Brewers did with their jersey script, and people on this board bashed the hell out of it saying it was off center.  I swear everyone here gets so upset just to get upset...

Milwaukee and brewers have odd number of letters.  Centering on a letter may have worked. But with pittsburgh, it’s an even 10. They centered on an S when they really didn’t have to. I don’t think the two situations compare much. They had it down perfect 30 years back. That’s all I’m really saying. 

12 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

Thats becoming a theme with most of the people on this board.  Put a small ass swoosh on a the front of a jersey like they do with almost every other jersey they make, and all of a sudden that I guess makes every kind of design crap whether the swoosh was there or not?  

Ive said this plenty of times and ill say it again.  People dont hate the uniform designs, they hate Nike.  And its getting REALLY annoying.

Hmm, since  white have been reduced from the Bulls black uni, and  now white have been removed from the Pirates black uni,  could it not be the work of Nike? Hmm, many signs points to yes.

1 minute ago, skip88 said:

Hmm, since  white have been reduced from the Bulls black uni, and  now white have been removed from the Pirates black uni,  could it not be the work of Nike? Hmm, many signs points to yes.

Also, the design people on those teams. It might be them, independent of Nike? Minimalism is kind of a trend and those designs don’t really need white, especially the Pirates.

2 hours ago, JonBoy said:

Road uniforms are fantastic, but these are a swing and a miss. They'd be so much better with a yellow script and no extra outlines on the numbers.

Also, does this mean the yellow throwbacks with the black pants are gone?

I like these. Ideally the black alts would be used sparingly, but we all know these will be the only jerseys we see on the field both home and away.

I actually hope the Pirates and Marlins go black tops against one another just to see this place lose its mind. Only callout is the "s" on that script. That alignment is worse than the chinese knockoffs. 

2 hours ago, MattMill said:

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

@SFGiants58 They could atleast make it better. Your logo is on the front now. Deal with the complaints. If they had jerseys with bad designs for decades, we’ll all think it’s a nike problem. 

spacer.png

Archived