MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, sonny said:

Reds reintroduced their vest look in ‘93

Correct but he's saying both the Marlins and Reds introduced their vests in 93 so the specific question is which team did their unveiling first.

20 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

interesting.  I know the Reds had done vested throwbacks on the road in 1991 and 1992 which were well liked by the fans and thus used for their 93 uniforms. But I have no clue when this decision was announced.  The marlins probably were first given they had the whole year prior to do stuff like that whereas the Reds wouldn’t be unveiling a 93 uniform during the 92 season 

Good point, the Reds most likely did it in the offseason between 92 and 93, not during the summer of 92.

15 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

It is.

20 hours ago, insert name said:

It's either NY or Mr. Met's head. What else can the Mets really use?

Could the Mets not use the rendering of the New York City skyline in their logo, with or without a recoloring?

These pirate jerseys are as underwhelming as the team. Looks like a bp jersey. 2 black jerseys in rotation now, no white on the jersey, yet it looks like they kept the alt hat with the outline, and same color writing on jersey like the angels, rays, and all the other uninspired alts. The only thing I like is the pirate now has a yellow bandanna, but the logo is now different than the other sleeve patches with the red bandanna. They have mismatched number fonts now (think the current font fits the pirate motif, but would clash with rounded script). Damn, do I hate this team (fwiw, I’m a fan)

KISSwall09.jpg

Pirates Release New Uniform, Tease A Second

January 24, 2020 - 01:19 AM

The Pittsburgh Pirates will have two new uniforms for the 2020 season — one we saw tonight, but we’ll have to wait a few hours for the other. But we have some ideas as to what it could look like. […]

Read More...

8 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

So the concept this year is logos inside of logos?

And logos on the side. And logos on the back

logos on top of logos on top of logos and logos inside of logos. 

what a disaster. 

just a few years back, teams may have had two ‘patches’ total with one main logo. Caps were clean and precise. 

why do you need a side dodgers logo when it’s already partially inside of the main logo. 

the elephant looks odd from a distance. Keep the side Oakland script. But why is it inside? I can’t imagine this looking great under any application other than maybe the blue jays

9 minutes ago, MattMill said:

why do you need a side dodgers logo when it’s already partially inside of the main logo. 

I'm pretty sure there's a licensing rule where if the hat maker alters a logo (stacking logos on top of each other would be an alteration), then the actual logo needs to be somewhere on the item. Maybe it just applies to on-field items.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

59 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'm pretty sure there's a licensing rule where if the hat maker alters a logo (stacking logos on top of each other would be an alteration), then the actual logo needs to be somewhere on the item. Maybe it just applies to on-field items.

Makes sense as to why partial logos would need the full application for full licensing effect. At that point though, mlb or new era has to say, wouldnt two of the same logos be redundant?

of course not though. They add a batterman to the ASG patches constantly even though there’s one on the back of the cap.  These decision makers blow my mind. 

Im surprised they didn’t add a batterman to the sunrise/sunset sun ST logo. They actually framed it around the existing batterman. That’s probably the best part of the cap. 

Give me the sun log on the side, and a normal logo up front and we’re back in business.  But looking back at the 2019 ST CAPS, this years would be last years. So they’ve officially ran out of ideas if they’re just stacking logos inside of others. 

most times, less is more. 

Archived