MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CardsFan79 said:

New Clubhouse cap for the Cardinals. Someone please remind me, what exactly are the Clubhouse caps used for?  Are they for ST or just fashion caps?spacer.png

ST hats are called Spring Training Caps/Hats.

These aren’t ST hats. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 minutes ago, NicDB said:

Did the Brewers put out a different version of their Wisconsin logo?  I guess the white makes more sense than gold, but why not cream?

spacer.png

The gray Clubhouse hats have New Era custom colors. Paired with black and a secondary team color. 

Not really an official logo. Strictly for fashion.

The entire Clubhouse collection (so far) is here, y'all...and again, these aren't Spring Training or Batting Practice hats:

https://www.mlbshop.com/?pageSize=72&sortOption=NewestArrivals&query=clubhouse hat

If you scroll to pages 4,5,6 of that MLB Shop search, you can see Clubhouse hats from prior years. 

Looks like an instructive diagram on how to put a butter condom onto a craggy devil penis. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

10 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

For whatever reason, I've always kinda liked that Angels logo (the one with the halo hanging on the state).

Men's Los Angeles Angels New Era Red Clubhouse 59FIFTY Fitted Hat

The Angels should ditch their 2 current sleeve patches for this.

That Angels logo needs more context to work. On it's own it's a very unclear shape and at first glance reminds me of a "red sock" as in a Red Sox logo. State outlines can very vague if it's not a super definitive one like Texas or Florida... dare I say those are the only two reallllly recognizable state shapes. Any other ones, like the Wisconsin logo above, needs something to define it more, like the Brewers did by putting the M in it. So maybe that logo would be better with a CA on it? Or maybe it needs a roundel so that it can say California or Anaheim around it? I dunno, maybe it's just me but it's missing something to make it more clear that that weird shape is California.

ST hats are called Spring Training Caps/Hats.

These aren’t ST hats. 

That's what I was thinking, but anymore, who can tell when they are going to change what they call something for no apparent reason.  Good to know this is only a fashion cap.  As was said, it looks too much like Louisville.

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

40 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Agreed, thank god this is only a fashion cap.  I can't imagine that this particular Nats one sells very well but what do I know

Men's Washington Nationals New Era Red Clubhouse 59FIFTY Fitted Hat

With the 3 dozen or so authentic caps the Nats have to offer their fans, New Era is probably at a loss for additional cap logos. 

A "clubhouse" cap does seem like a good opportunity to revive the DC logo. 

1 hour ago, CardsFan79 said:

That's what I was thinking, but anymore, who can tell when they are going to change what they call something for no apparent reason.  Good to know this is only a fashion cap.  As was said, it looks too much like Louisville.

When they were first introduced, I remember reading that the clubhouse hats were supposed to be the "official hat" worn during the post-game press conferences or what the player changed into after the game.  I used to watch all of the Orioles post-game shows and remember seeing it a few times, but it never seemed to really catch on.  As others have said it was a fashion cap that NE could label as authentic.

52 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

With the 3 dozen or so authentic caps the Nats have to offer their fans, New Era is probably at a loss for additional cap logos. 

A "clubhouse" cap does seem like a good opportunity to revive the DC logo. 

The DC logo (even if it doesn't include the gold) would be a great logo to bring back; the DC logo with the stars circling around it was way underrated.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

That Angels logo needs more context to work. On it's own it's a very unclear shape and at first glance reminds me of a "red sock" as in a Red Sox logo. State outlines can very vague if it's not a super definitive one like Texas or Florida... dare I say those are the only two reallllly recognizable state shapes. Any other ones, like the Wisconsin logo above, needs something to define it more, like the Brewers did by putting the M in it. So maybe that logo would be better with a CA on it? Or maybe it needs a roundel so that it can say California or Anaheim around it? I dunno, maybe it's just me but it's missing something to make it more clear that that weird shape is California.

California is a pretty distinct looking shape...but maybe that's just me. I'm a geography nerd.

13 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

For whatever reason, I've always kinda liked that Angels logo (the one with the halo hanging on the state).

Men's Los Angeles Angels New Era Red Clubhouse 59FIFTY Fitted Hat

I really like the Angels/MLB/whoever using a different logo. The Angels don't really have secondary logo, so, as much as I like the halo-A primary logo, it's nice to see something other than that on merchandise.

IbjBaeE.png

Archived