Eagles want Kelly Green Jersey in 2020

Sec19Row53

https://www.philly.com/eagles/eagles-kelly-green-uniforms-return-jeffrey-lurie-20190327.html

The Eagles have pushed for this in the past, and intend to keep pushing for it. The article even mentions that decals CAN be swapped out on helmets. Im not sure if this is the actual NFL policy, or just the interpretation of the writer.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, hawk36 said:

NFL should change this rule (or at least quit trying to say it's for player safety which is a complete fallacy). Seahawks would look great in a silver helmeted throwback too. Come on NFL, at least allow 2 helmet color options.  

The problem with making this change, or even with making this requirement, is that at some point someone will put pieces together which either validates or invalidates the safety concern.  Then the money potentially hits the fan.

It's where I sit.

Just now, Sec19Row53 said:

The problem with making this change, or even with making this requirement, is that at some point someone will put pieces together which either validates or invalidates the safety concern.  Then the money potentially hits the fan.

But as it is, at least from what I heard here on Seattle sports radio from some players, is that they all use multiple helmets in a year. So they didn't understand why the NFL would say for the Hawks that navy blue helmets are safer than silver ones of the same make and model. Given the rule I just assumed that had to use the same exact helmet all year long which isn't true.

48 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Unpopular opinion: Leave kelly green for the Jets. Midnight green looks great on the Eagles.

And they won their only championship in it.

Excellent!

5 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

And they won their only championship in it.

636529804732801141-1960-Eagles-Champions

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

4 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

636529804732801141-1960-Eagles-Champions

And let's also not forget 1948 and 1949.

(The NFL did indeed exist prior to 1966......)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Oh, not this crap again. The Eagles need to shut the hell up about this.  If those a-holes want to wear Kelly green they can do so anytime. They don't need to change the (glorious and majestic) one helmet rule... They just need to wise up and dump that drab, depressing garbage green they currently wear.

The NFL doesn't need to get rid of the (saintly and brilliant) one helmet rule. They need to add a two-jersey-only rule.

22 minutes ago, Buc said:

And let's also not forget 1948 and 1949.

(The NFL did indeed exist prior to 1966......)

I couldn't find any color pictures of Steve Van Buren.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The NFL prohibited alternate helmets before the safety thing was a concern.  And with good reason; identifies are already getting muddled, and helmets are the single most important identifiers in all of sports.  Teams should stick with one so as to not water down their branding any further. 

If the Eagles want Kelly green, good for them.  Switch to Kelly green. 

34 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Oh, not this crap again. The Eagles need to shut the hell up about this.  If those a-holes want to wear Kelly green they can do so anytime. They don't need to change the (glorious and majestic) one helmet rule... They just need to wise up and dump that drab, depressing garbage green they currently wear.

The NFL doesn't need to get rid of the (saintly and brilliant) one helmet rule. They need to add a two-jersey rule.

The NFL already has a two-jersey rule.  The Eagles have been taking advantage of it for over a decade.   They just can’t use that two-jersey rule to have their cake and eat it too. 

The headline of the article is somewhat misleading since they want to bring Kelly Green uniforms back as a throwback/alternate option, not return to the look full-time. Have seen many people on social media misinterpret the headline and/or fail to read the article.

That said, I much prefer the midnight green. And with the Jets presumably going back to Kelly green in a few days, I think the Eagles should stick with the darker shade. 

Ok  If.....every NFL team was allowed 2 helmets, what would they choose?  Here are my predictions.

AFC

Patriots: Silver and White                                            Redskins:  Burgandy and Yellow                             

Jets: Kelly Green and White                                        Cowboys:  Silver and White

Dolphins:  White and Aqua                                          Giants:  Navy and Red

Bills:  White and Red                                                   Eagles:  Midnight Green and Kelly Green 

Steelers: Blsck and Yellow                                          Packers:  Yellow and Green

Browns:  Orange and White                                        Bears:  Navy and Orange

Bengals: Orange and Black                                        Vikings:  Purple and White

Ravens:  Black and Purple                                          Lions:  Silver and Honolulu Blue

Colts: White and Blue                                                  Panthers:  Silver and Black

Titans: Navy and White                                                Falcons:  Black and Red

Jags: Black and Teal                                                    Saints:  Gold and Black

Texans: Navy and White                                              Bucs:  Pewter and White

Chargers:  Whte and Navy                                          Seahawks:  Blue and Silver

Chiefs:  Red and Yellow                                              Cardinals:  White and Black

Riaiders:  Silver and Black                                          LA:  Royal/Gold Horns and Navy/White Horns

Broncos:  Navy and Royal                                          SF:  Gold and SIlver

19 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

The NFL prohibited alternate helmets before the safety thing was a concern.  And with good reason; identifies are already getting muddled, and helmets are the single most important identifiers in all of sports.  Teams should stick with one so as to not water down their branding any further. 

If the Eagles want Kelly green, good for them.  Switch to Kelly green. 

I could follow the muddled identity theory IF the NFL required teams to have a single home set and a single away set. As it is, sure helmets are always the same but most teams have three jerseys, three pants, three colors of socks and they mix and match at will. I'd support the NFL in wanting strong brands, but they need to make an honest effort to unify before I'll believe it. 

Archived