Eagles want Kelly Green Jersey in 2020

Sec19Row53

On 4/1/2019 at 7:34 AM, Bluefalcon said:

Someone should run the numbers: how much $$ would the NFL make if they allowed teams to wear proper throwbacks? This could then be compared to how much $$ the NFL expects to pay out in concussion settlements over the next 50 years or so. I hate to say it, but I think the concussion settlements are going to cost WAY more than any $$ they get from selling throwbacks.

Not that I agree with this...I think the 1-helmet rules is based on dubious reasoning and is basically a CYA maneuver by the NFL. If they can put a man on the moon, why can't they designe a throwback shell/wrapping for NFL helmets? Yes, I'll stop yelling at the cloud now...

Because the league doesn't want former NFL players suing them for money. When the NFL preaches safety but they show contradicting things, it doesn't add up.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I still think they can easily wear the throwbacks with the current helmet. 

EaglesCompare.jpg

Honestly, given helmet/jersey disparities of the past, I could buy that as a “forced quirk.” It’s historically-inaccurate, but fits with the time they’re emulating.

2 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

They could just make a alternate kelly green jersey that has midnight green accents, kind of like what the jets did. That way it wouldn't look too off.

They can do that for Color Rush, but not for a regular alternate.  Regular alts need to be in the team's standard color palette unless they're throwbacks.

5 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

They can do that for Color Rush, but not for a regular alternate.  Regular alts need to be in the team's standard color palette unless they're throwbacks.

So they could do an alt that is the 80s style design but with the midnight blue/green they currently use?

2 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

So they could do an alt that is the 80s style design but with the midnight blue/green they currently use?

No, you’re misunderstanding. He means that the Alt is a recolor, but the Throwback is an actual throwback. Not a recolored Throwback.

da0Lbhs.png

4 hours ago, dont care said:

The thing is the eagles helmet isn’t that color, it has a lot more blue in it and would completely clash with it

Absolutely. If the Eagles wore *that* color, people would forget about kelly green in a hurry. That dark green is what I think of when I think of the 1970s Eagles.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

7 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Absolutely. If the Eagles wore *that* color, people would forget about kelly green in a hurry. That dark green is what I think of when I think of the 1970s Eagles.

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say

2 hours ago, dont care said:

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say

The color that’s pictured is sort of in between kelly green and midnight green. If that was their main color for the past 25 years, I don’t think people would be as vocal about bringing back kelly green, simply because the color pictured is so vivid compared to midnight green.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I guess I can see that but it's not that different. Depends on the light I guess?

usatsi_10343273.jpgEaglesCompare.jpg

It really does. The area underneath the wing on the photo of Wentz is a much richer, warmer tone, similar to the mock-up below, but that’s because it’s reflecting the grass. The true midnight green color clashes against a lighter, warmer green, as you can see comparing the two jersey colors.

There's simply no way for them to be able to do this without repainting the helmets.  Even if they painted them during a bye week when there's no practice, they wouldn't have time to re-paint them before they're needed for the following week's practice.

The only way they could pull off a kelly alt uniform + helmet would be if the Patriots choose to wear white again in LIV.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived