Eagles want Kelly Green Jersey in 2020

Sec19Row53

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's terrible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm not sure why anyone would be interested in that halfway compromise.  Obviously, the Eagles have no plans for dumping their current sad emo-green and I have no interest in seeing the NFL help them with their bad choices by giving them a second helmet. 

Much like the San De...um, excuse me, Los Angeles Chargers, when your owner has crappy taste, you just gotta live with it, I guess.

On 3/27/2019 at 3:59 PM, hawk36 said:

NFL should change this rule (or at least quit trying to say it's for player safety which is a complete fallacy). Seahawks would look great in a silver helmeted throwback too. Come on NFL, at least allow 2 helmet color options.  

That Steve Largent/Curt Warner era Seahawk uniform was gorgeous.

On 3/27/2019 at 8:10 PM, WSU151 said:

Broncos, Chargers, and Giants switch out decals for Color Rush as well. Falcons and 49ers switch out decals for throwbacks. And the Rams switched between metallic gold and athletic gold too. One is an exception, two or more is a pretty standard policy. 

Which one of those golds is the yellow one?  It's amazing that every team in the league with a color that looks like yellow to me calls it gold.  If Green Bay's helmet isn't yellow, then what is?  I guess yellow died with Bob Ross.  

21 minutes ago, JD1500 said:

Which one of those golds is the yellow one?  It's amazing that every team in the league with a color that looks like yellow to me calls it gold.  If Green Bay's helmet isn't yellow, then what is?  I guess yellow died with Bob Ross.  

What we commonly know as yellow is usually "athletic gold".

Metallic gold is the beige-y sparkly gold. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Athletic gold is more orange-y, it has more red in it than a true yellow. 

transflex-yellow.jpg

transflex-athletic-gold.jpg

Seems like a subtle difference, but isn’t that what these boards are all about?  😛 

Athletic gold is to yellow what teal is to sky blue: related, but not the same thing. 

So basically what you're telling me is that there's no yellow in sports.  

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Athletic gold is more orange-y, it has more red in it than a true yellow. 

transflex-yellow.jpg

transflex-athletic-gold.jpg

Seems like a subtle difference, but isn’t that what these boards are all about?  😛 

Athletic gold is to yellow what teal is to sky blue: related, but not the same thing. 

Thank you for clarifying this I've been wondering wth the difference was for years

On 4/7/2019 at 5:25 PM, Gothamite said:

Sure there is.  Colleges use it, like Michigan.

But pro sports teams seem to prefer the richer, darker athletic gold.  Doesn’t change the facts. 

Michigan uses "Maize."

Archived