2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

7 minutes ago, dont care said:

It looks bad. Like their jerseys are coming untucked. Also since it’s on every player makes it look worse. Atleast with the separate hand warmers only a few skill players wear them. Also I feel it would be easier to grab so I don’t see the benefit of it.

Not every player had it. Also, the pocket didn't seem to be any kind of disadvantage in their 41-7 blowout rout of the Texans!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/17/2019 at 1:36 PM, gothedistance said:

It HAS been 5 decades. Last time the Lions wore white at home, it was when the NFL and AFL began their merger. 

Thanksgiving Day 1970, at the request of NBC who felt the Lions in blue and Raiders in white wasn't colorful enough.

On 11/17/2019 at 1:50 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

They seemingly declared color rush, then audibled to white for some reason. Either to force Dallas into blue or to prevent a difficult color matchup.

Didn't the Dolphins get away with something similar at the end of last season, as they were originally going to wear their regular aqua for their last home matchup vs Jacksonville--but got permission to wear their aqua throwbacks instead?

The Chargers are using a new wordmark in the endzones and on the banners in Estadio Azteca. I'm wondering if this is a one-off thing for tonight's game or a sign of things to come vis a vis a re-brand going into SoFi Stadium next year?

I've never really noticed until it became the primary this season, but man that powder blue just looks gorgeous under the lights. We've seen it 3 times this season (vs. PIT, at OAK, KC)

So crisp and vibrant and that yellow facemask is such a nice touch.

I guess it also helped that the Chargers haven't worn a colored jersey vs. KC since 2016, but that matchup last night just felt different in a good way.

Additional random observation: That was KC's third game against a team in a light blue jersey this season (DET, TEN, LAC). Pretty much unheard of.

33 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

I've never really noticed until it became the primary this season, but man that powder blue just looks gorgeous under the lights. We've seen it 3 times this season (vs. PIT, at OAK, KC)

So crisp and vibrant and that yellow facemask is such a nice touch.

I guess it also helped that the Chargers haven't worn a colored jersey vs. KC since 2016, but that matchup last night just felt different in a good way.

Just need a powder blue based road jersey to replace the current navy based one.

13 hours ago, OBomb said:

The Chargers are using a new wordmark in the endzones and on the banners in Estadio Azteca. I'm wondering if this is a one-off thing for tonight's game or a sign of things to come vis a vis a re-brand going into SoFi Stadium next year?

It looked very generic, I'd think it was a one off.

pi-nfl-mexico-city-azteca-stadium-111619

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

Still no sign of the navy over light blue, which seemed to be their go-to home look down the stretch last season. Hopefully we'll see it Week 15 vs. Houston to avoid a navy mess.

Tennessee seems to be good about such matters. Ever since they got into their new uniforms. I think they will.

12 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Still no sign of the navy over light blue, which seemed to be their go-to home look down the stretch last season. Hopefully we'll see it Week 15 vs. Houston to avoid a navy mess.

Yawn--and still no sign of the white pants for a regular season home games. If the Jags sport black bottoms, that will be a candidate for the #fugly game of the week.

Archived